Florida Bound

The Descriminator

Jul 12, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites 5900Di Pro, Fisher Cz6a
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be traveling to Boca Raton area this week for a mini vacation and taking my Fisher Cz6a. I was in the same area about 2 months ago and I attempted searching in the surf in about 2 feet of water but I simply could not get the machine to quiet down in the salt water. The Cz does have a "salt" switch to help cancel out the mineralization in the water but that did not seem to make a difference. Is there anyone out there who's had experience using the Cz successfully in the water? Also I noticed that I could not get the machine to ground balance at all in the sand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also have a CZ6. You might try to turn down the sensitivity to 3 or lower if needed to stop the chatter.. You might try this before you ground balance the machine. I use a CZ20 for water hunting, never used my CZ6 in the water. Be sure to put a clear plastic bag around the CZ before you take it in the water! If you drop it or get it wet you might be in trouble....:thumbsup:

OP
OP
T

The Descriminator

Jul 12, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Cool! I'll give that try. I do dneed to get in th habit of wrapping my unit.. That didn't sound right...lol I appreciate the advice. I'll post again if I find anything worthwhile.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've detected Florida but not the area your talking about but my CZ had no problems what so ever. Its a bit worrying that you say you had problems ground balancing on the sand.
Incorrect ground balance will cause the problems you mention just as much as using to high a sensitivity. Everything working O.K. on land ?

OP
OP
T

The Descriminator

Jul 12, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything works great on land. I wonder what type of Cz you have because I hear there are other Cz's that handle salt water better. I've heard that the Cz6a does not

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread