Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No permit is needed, just stay out of the water on the treasure coast, basically from Fort Pierce to Sebastion Inlet. There you can hunt from mean low tide to toe of dunes, but you can not detect in the water at all. There are over 640 miles of Florida beaches and only about 50 miles are restricted.

OP
OP
D

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Unicorn Treasure Master Pro
Modes:
Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No permit is needed, just stay out of the water on the treasure coast, basically from Fort Pierce to Sebastion Inlet. There you can hunt from mean low tide to toe of dunes, but you can not detect in the water at all. There are over 640 miles of Florida beaches and only about 50 miles are restricted.
Nice and thanks for the reply.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
D

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Unicorn Treasure Master Pro
Modes:
Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reactions: ARC

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reactions: ARC

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to mention that you can't detect in any of the National Seashore areas in Florida.

Danloop, SD51 is correct, all federal property in Florida is off-limits including the space agency.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the Venice area. The North Jetty is the only beach I've visited but I'm going to bring my metal detector this time.
Try Casperson's beach if ya get a chance.

Msthing

Jan 29, 2023
Hi. New here and new to metal detecting. My biggest source of confusion about metal detecting FL beaches are the laws about keeping things. I read that of you find something older than 50 years you need to report it. To whom do you report? And why do I see people showing things they found, and kept, that are obviously older than 50? This confuses me. I want to do things the right way. Thanks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. New here and new to metal detecting. My biggest source of confusion about metal detecting FL beaches are the laws about keeping things. I read that of you find something older than 50 years you need to report it. To whom do you report? And why do I see people showing things they found, and kept, that are obviously older than 50? This confuses me. I want to do things the right way. Thanks
Stay out of the water on the treasure coast, no detecting federal land including national seashores, check with rangers for state park beaches, most will allow detecting on the beaches, state parks inland are off limits, detect the rest of Florida beaches and don't worry about reporting, Florida beaches are own by the people of Florida.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread