Flounder The Finest Point I Ever Found

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grubbed this point dubbed FLOUNDER many years ago . I could feel the edge sticking out of eroded hard pan clay under water. I gradually worked it out with my fingers. The more of it I could feel the more excited I got. I wasnt disappointed when I brought it up.

There has been much discussion as to type. It is crazy thin with diving flakes that actually make the center of the blade thinner than the edges. The stem is fluted and ground. If I found just the stem I might think it was a broken folsom.

TSU has studied the point and some believe it is a paleo point from Central America or South America. The material has little starburst in it very much resembling a material from Chili.

I dont know what it is but I love it.

Attachments

• Resized_20210524_102956.jpeg
    Resized_20210524_102956.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 214
  • 20210524_102759.jpg
    20210524_102759.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 210
  • Resized_20210524_102840.jpeg
    Resized_20210524_102840.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 201
  • Resized_20210524_102644.jpeg
    Resized_20210524_102644.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 215
  • Resized_20210524_102720.jpeg
    Resized_20210524_102720.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 218
  • Resized_20210524_102920.jpeg
    Resized_20210524_102920.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Upvote 6
OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on this beautiful recovery..perhaps a museum would be interested

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look here! I know absolutely nothing about points and such other than what I,ve picked up on this site.One look and even I can see that,s something special! Very happy you got it back,hang on to it.Very beautiful.

charles2420

Sep 19, 2019
austin, tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grubbed this point dubbed FLOUNDER many years ago . I could feel the edge sticking out of eroded hard pan clay under water. I gradually worked it out with my fingers. The more of it I could feel the more excited I got. I wasnt disappointed when I brought it up.

There has been much discussion as to type. It is crazy thin with diving flakes that actually make the center of the blade thinner than the edges. The stem is fluted and ground. If I found just the stem I might think it was a broken folsom.

TSU has studied the point and some believe it is a paleo point from Central America or South America. The material has little starburst in it very much resembling a material from Chili.

It's made of palmwood & it's a large
Yessir. I have points with that on them. This one has it fossilized in the stone the point was made from.

The material is petrified Palmwood that many Indians used for dart points. Your's look's like a very large Wilson point. I'm interested in buying it, so please respond if you'd like to consider that.

CHUDs

Feb 13, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Holy Smokes! So beautiful!

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone heard from Garscale? It shows that he hasn’t been on since September. I really enjoy seeing his finds.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice knife, being a point hunter for decades I can image the thrill of pulling it up after being lost for thousands of years.

Relicgrubber

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2018
Deep East Texas
Detector(s) used
O.G. XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The material is petrified Palmwood that many Indians used for dart points. Your's look's like a very large Wilson point. I'm interested in buying it, so please respond if you'd like to consider that.

Not Palmwood, not even close to being Palmwood...

Also, I seriously doubt Steve would sell the Flounder, but you never know these days...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread