SorenCoins

Apr 5, 2015
Parker, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go Find 60, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone!

Here is another find from the reservoir. This one was a surface (or maybe just slightly under the sand) find.

It is a very interesting, presumably modern piece of foil with paper on the back. It looks like a lottery ticket or something of the sorts, but I have only ever seen those made out of paper.

It is very confusing. On the front, foil side, I can make out the words: "$ GAME PIECE," "PEEL CAREFULLY," "SELL BY," "PLANT 48-0932"

On the back side I can make out the phrases: "FLIP 'N WIN," "4 MATCHING PRIZES IN THIS COLUMN WINS," "2 FREE CUPS," "CLUB MED," "U.S. PATENT NOS 4601239 & (?)," "(?) MEDIA SYSTEMS, INC."

The (?) means that I know there are letters/words present but can not see or read them.

Here are some images of this unusual find:
IMG_2961 2.jpg
IMG_2961.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg
IMG_2967.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

I would think this is very recent because it was so close to the surface, but perhaps it is a little older because of how unusual it seems to me. The patent number that is visible appears to be from 1987 and has to do with the printing of "quasi random number tables...."

In any case, it's interesting.

OP
OP
S

SorenCoins

Apr 5, 2015
Parker, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go Find 60, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yoplait under-lid game ads hit many U.S. papers ... June 19, 1988 ... June 22, 1988 ... a couple publishing dates I'm seeing.

View attachment 1995481
Wow! Thank you so much for that!

I thought it had the appearance of a food lid, but thought there was no way it would say "game piece" on it! Now, my question for you is: Is this something you would keep? It is from the 80s, so it's kind of interesting. Or would you just throw this away?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread