foil or gold, got to dig those foil signals. Sorry no pics.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out to pick up some medicine today and took my detector along for the ride and stopped at the park in town and hit $1.80 in clad then went to a little playground beside a medical clinic and got another $3.34 in clad and a 10K babies bracelet that came up on the VDI with numbers foil normally is at. But it just rang a little different than foil sounds. So don't go by VDI numbers or you will be passing up gold. My VDI # was 38, normally gold on my machine comes in around 47 and up.

Upvote 13

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out to pick up some medicine today and took my detector along for the ride and stopped at the park in town and hit $1.80 in clad then went to a little playground beside a medical clinic and got another $3.34 in clad and a 10K babies bracelet that came up on the VDI with numbers foil normally is at. But it just rang a little different than foil sounds. So don't go by VDI numbers or you will be passing up gold. My VDI # was 38, normally gold on my machine comes in around 47 and up.
Congratulations very good observation

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Gold colored foil had me fooled for a second ,it was a screamer :)
147.JPG

Armstrong

Apr 24, 2020
Jurassic Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only chains or bracelets I've found this year are when I'm in a dig all mode. Having no jewelry of my own its hard to predict what to look for exactly in terms of signals and readings since I can't test. I do remember them being single digits on my machine which is foil range.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
way to go, it can get frustrating digging those trash signals

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Good!!! Congrats!!! Pics?

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Good!!! Congrats!!! Pics?
My computer is messed up windows 10 overwrote 7 but jacked up my ability to download pics. Santa didn't bring me a new computer yet.

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only chains or bracelets I've found this year are when I'm in a dig all mode. Having no jewelry of my own its hard to predict what to look for exactly in terms of signals and readings since I can't test. I do remember them being single digits on my machine which is foil range.
I have found scratchy ,jumpy signals are chains a lot of the time. This was a solid signal but it had a long bar where a name could have been engraved I think that's why it was a good signal. But in wood chips you can check everything, that is where it was.

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool I just got one! Been feeling it out on curb strips I've hit with my ATpro, found a lot that I missed. I'm going to try it out at some trashy park spots next (if it ever stops raining)
The rain is actually a good thing it helps with conductivity on deeper targets. Get a sniper coil it sure helps in the trashy parks to find the goodies in between the trash.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just glance at the numbers, they have no bearing on whether I dig or not. Been telling Tnet for years, so this is another good reminder.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My computer is messed up windows 10 overwrote 7 but jacked up my ability to download pics. Santa didn't bring me a new computer yet.
That windows 10 is no stinking good ! When IT came out years ago they tried to "Force feed" it to my computer.I took the hard drive to a computer shop $60.00 and 2 days later I was back on windows 7. Been on 7 ever since with NO problems at all :)

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That windows 10 is no stinking good ! When IT came out years ago they tried to "Force feed" it to my computer.I took the hard drive to a computer shop $60.00 and 2 days later I was back on windows 7. Been on 7 ever since with NO problems at all :)
That is what I need to do I liked 7.

Reactions: RTR

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some parks around here are a no no for digging all foil signals at least with the Deus XP some are so infested if I did that my effort would never amount to much but trash. I've learned to focus on in those parks a program I found that is good at picking up roundness. So I'm basically looking for rings and coins. I find bottle caps but can avoid most pieces of foil I get trash odds and ends but have been very successful with rings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread