Folding Shovel at decent price! $8.99

WHK621

Feb 29, 2008
Greeting to all!

Just for your information.

I was in the market for a new folding shovel and found this one on the BUDK web site. Since I do not as yet have one, I cannot tell you much about it but for $8.99, two for $16, I'm going to order one and check it out. Also I'm not sure what shipping is going to be but it's got to be better than paying a lot of money for a shovel and shipping somewhere else. I'll post a follow-up when it arrives.

http://budk.com/12_bk589/p/12 BK589/p2p/rn/

OP
OP
W

WHK621

Feb 29, 2008
I just purchased two shovels plus shipping to east coast zip, $23.99. I hope they are as good as they look.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Tried one for the beach did not last. lock nut not snug enough. :icon_study:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check out www.cheaperthandirt.com

I have never found a folding shovel to be worth the folding feature. Invariably they fail. I do have a WWII era Swedish entrenching tool from Cheaper Than Dirt ($13.95) that the Russians later copied for the famous "Spetsnaz" combat shovel/throwing weapon. I have chopped roots using it like an axe and it is still in fine shape.

OP
OP
W

WHK621

Feb 29, 2008
I tend to agree about the folding feature not being worth it in durability, however, I have found one exception to this but I've only been using it for a short while but so far it's been great. See link below to Cabela's for a NATO folding shovel. The reviews were also very favorable. I wanted the two cheepies I just purchased from BUDK for camping and to give one to my son who also does a lot of camping.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=shovel&noImage=0

Attachments

• shovel.jpg
    shovel.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 165

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread