For Clubs: Metal Detecting at Clover Hill

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
This past week, my hubby and boys went camping at Holiday Park. On the way home, they stopped at Clover Hill Village, a recreation of an old town. This town takes in old bldgs folks want to donate as oppossed to burning or tearing them down.

Mr. Quackenbush gave my hubby and kids a tour of this little village. He was telling hubby how they move these old bldgs and bring them to this site and restore them. My hubby was telling him that they should contact some Metal Detecting Clubs and see if they would love to come out and metal detect the area of where the house stood for artifacts for the house that is being moved. I think it would be great to metal detect the area where the house is going to be set at too!!! Never know.

We don't belong to a club yet, we are considering joining the Tidewater Coin and Relic Club here locally...anyways, hubby thought it would be nice to post something regarding this and maybe one of the clubs would be able to metal detect and help restore some history to this little village. Hubby told him that maybe, if a club comes out and volunteers some time to help, you can get them leads to metal detect other areas for items they could keep.

It's a thought.....we are 3-4 hours from Clover Hill Village and hubby works weekends (FRI SAT SUN) and with the kids starting school soon.....he and I could not go together :(. If it was some place closer for us...then I would love to volunteer my time to help find artifacts, relics, coins, what have you. I use to live in Bedford, VA (back in the 70's) and it's such beautiful country out there!!!

Here's a link to the place I am talking about. Hope someone closer would love to help out. From what hubby said, Mr. Quackenbush is the YOUNGEST person on the team that moves and restores these old bldgs!!!

http://www.appomattoxhistory.org/clover-hill.htm

Would love to hear from anyone that gets through and hear if anything transpires from this :):)

Happy Hunting..........Ann

PS: thought I would add a photo of my boys with Mr. Quackenbush, from the Clover Hill Village.

Attachments

• Imag0042b.jpg
    Imag0042b.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 336

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions