For Those Of You Who Fish

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chances are like myself you have used a flatfish with success. Flatfish were designed by Charles Helin and the Helin Tackle Company was founded in 1933. He applied for the patent in 1934 and it was granted in 1936. The first manufacturing factory for Helin Tackle Company was opened in Detroit in 1937.

Later a second Manufacturing factory was opened in Canada. Helin Tackle Manufacturing Company Ltd was opened in La Salle Ontario in July of 1961 on Front Street and became La Salle's main industry of fishing gear manufacture.

The following picture showing the Helin Manfacturing Company in La Salle Ontario in 1961 is credited to ( The Windsor Star File ) and used here for information purposes.

In my collection is this original Helin FlatFish store display from La Salle Ontario in 1961 and to the best of my knowledge the only one from that manufacturing location. After all these years the colours are still vibrant, still pop and it is in decent condition for being 62 years old. I am going to have it framed so it will be preserved for the future.

Hope you enjoy the bit of history & the very colourful flatfish display ..........

Attachments

• La Salle Helin Flat Fish OUTLINED.jpg
    La Salle Helin Flat Fish OUTLINED.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 45
  • FlatFish Sized 0.jpg
    FlatFish Sized 0.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
Cariboo5

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing your pieces SD51. Nice to see with the boxes also as the flatfish would get handed down in the family without boxes.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice display. I have had success off and on using flatfishes from small to large. Quite a few rattling around in my tackle boxes. I don't have any original boxes though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread