For Your Information

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did it include the emergency DFX frustration kit? :laughing7:

Attachments

• Whites fix.jpeg
    Whites fix.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 187
OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Did it include the emergency DFX frustration kit? :laughing7:

I hope so. I actually reached for it more then once my first few years with the detector. But I’m stubborn. Don’t like giving up. This machine can overwhelm many first time users. Especially if your coming from a nonprogrammable detector like I did. Have seen people sell them a few days after purchasing. Have seen others that swear by them, myself included. With dual frequency and 191 VDI segments with matching tones, discriminating and notching can be as precise as you want it to be. It can be frustrating to learn. But once learned it is a fantastic machine. Many of the adjustments the factory sets for detectors are adjustable on the DFX. Im no expert on this machine. But I do have it working for the areas I detest to my satisfaction. If only it was a little lighter.

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure did love mine. I had it for at least 14yrs. Found a bunch of stuff with it. Sold it a few weeks back for 400 bucks. Sure wish I would have put it on ebay :laughing9:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup....great machine. But takes some effort to learn.
Jim

OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Sure did love mine. I had it for at least 14yrs. Found a bunch of stuff with it. Sold it a few weeks back for 400 bucks. Sure wish I would have put it on ebay :laughing9:

$400 for a well used DFX is not bad. You did good.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used stuff is a pain.. only worth what someone is willing to pay at the time.. I have projectors that should sell for no less that $1500 and are far superior to anything new under $3000 but because they are 10 years old, they are selling for $500-$600.. value is in what the buyer will pay.. shame but true.

rickb2202

Jan 30, 2015
nuevo mexico
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFX has been a great turn on n go machine for me. had mine 15 years...

Acejeckel

Jul 18, 2009
Just Outside Detroit
Detector(s) used
White's V3I, DFX, M6, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My DFX is my favorite detector of all time. I have found more silver coins with it then any of my other detetors. I still use it a lot and will go neck and neck with the guys I detect with running new machines. Lol HH

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really don’t understand why people think the DFX is hard to tame. Yes, it has a lot of stuff to tweak, but not hard to figure out.
If you think your ace 250 is hard to understand, best stay off the porch where the big dogs play. Lol.

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, White DFX, Fisher F4, White V3i, Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Acejeckel. yea I agree with your comment about the DFX. I love mine, but only found 4 silvers with it in last 3 years, I run the coin and jewelry mode, then increase gain to 3 and reduce AC sensitivity to 65-67. Are there other pointers you would be wiling to give out to increase silver finds ? any info on the detector would appreciate !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread