Forest Closure ???

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi everyone, i got a question in regards to my claim. I have a 20 acre claim in southern Ca, on National Forest land the USFS issued a closure from March 5th to the 16th due to all the Snow and Rain for safety reasons, now that closure has been extended through June WTF. So my question is am i exempt sense i have a claim. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Hi everyone, i got a question in regards to my claim. I have a 20 acre claim in southern Ca, on National Forest land the USFS issued a closure from March 5th to the 16th due to all the Snow and Rain for safety reasons, now that closure has been extended through June WTF. So my question is am i exempt sense i have a claim. Thank you.
I would contact whoever you made the contract through. They should know all of the terms of the agreement.

OP
OP
Mine Shaft

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would contact whoever you made the contract through. They should know all of the terms of the agreement.
Hi Blackfoot! That would be the BLM, i will call them on Monday but just posting this to get some feedback i am sure other ppl are dealing with the same problem.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The BLM can't help you with Forest closures. The BLM is an agency of the Interior Department and the Forest Service is an agency of the Department of Agricultural. You might as well as ask your waitress to rebuild your car's engine when she brings your breakfast. Apples and Oranges.

You probably have a right to enter the forest to travel to your mining claim. You would need to read the actual forest closure order to know for sure. More than likely the closure order allows property owners to travel to their property. Mining claims are property and claim owners would be among those exempted from the closure order.

Heavy Pans

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The BLM can't help you with Forest closures. The BLM is an agency of the Interior Department and the Forest Service is an agency of the Department of Agricultural. You might as well as ask your waitress to rebuild your car's engine when she brings your breakfast. Apples and Oranges.

You probably have a right to enter the forest to travel to your mining claim. You would need to read the actual forest closure order to know for sure. More than likely the closure order allows property owners to travel to their property. Mining claims are property and claim owners would be among those exempted from the closure order.

Heavy Pans
Wait a minute your waitress might just be a really good mechanic
21 century..
Gt...

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ditto Clay. In my neck of then woods when the FS issues a closure a guard or two are stationed on road and local property owners and peeps with legitimate need are allowed entry. Haven't seen this in a while and in the past has been only used in extreme fire situations.

OP
OP
Mine Shaft

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ditto Clay. In my neck of then woods when the FS issues a closure a guard or two are stationed on road and local property owners and peeps with legitimate need are allowed entry. Haven't seen this in a while and in the past has been only used in extreme fire situations.
In this case its because of the Snow and rain that has caused a lot of damage to homes and roads 22 ppl lost there lives in my local mountains.

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In this case its because of the Snow and rain that has caused a lot of damage to homes and roads 22 ppl lost there lives in my local mountains.
I was aware of that, fortunately I've not had to see closures due to flood, etc. Your drought might be over or at least a lot better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread