Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100_0720.JPG

Saw this sign near Crested Butte Colorado.

I guess they are keeping the trail open....but not really.

It's a steep trail, you could never push a motorcycle up. Every time I go there, more trails are closed.

I thought public lands were for everyone...not just the pedal bike snobs.:BangHead:

grzbear

Oct 18, 2007
michigan - western up
Detector(s) used
harborfreight stud finder
yea but how do you fight them ? i live in a small town in the western u.p. in the ottawa national forest . the logging trails are open to atv,s , but the forest service roads connecting them are not . another way to try and lock out people from public land:icon_scratch:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
it says "please" not not allowed or prohibeted * motor yourself right up --unless its "prohibeted"

OP
OP
G

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you're probably right ivan, but the older I get, the less bolder I become.

ChargerGuy

Oct 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're just concerned about erosion. If people rode their atv's in a respectable manner instead of ripping and tearing all over the place or "gunning it" up the hill, the sign would probably not be there. The few can ruin it for the many -something I'm reminded of all too often these days.

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all about keeping people confined in their box. Ever notice all the chain link fences going up everywhere. Take a drive to key west and read some of those insane signs as you drive south.

No stopping....not a photo stop......no fishing.....no walking dog unless on designated path.....no camp fires....no launching canoes or kayaks, must use authorized boat ramp.

Since when do i need to use a boat ramp to launch a kayak ? And no fishing....in the florida keys ?

This anal retentive attitude is infecting the whole country.

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The city of miami once put a metal sign in the easement in front of my house. It said no parking from 7am to 5pm. Mind you, it was MY HOUSE !

I rear ended the sign with my 4-runner and slapped a chain around it and yanked it out of the ground.

Sometimes u gotta take matters into your own hands.

diggin-a-hole

Aug 13, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber -
Garrett Ace 350 -
MP3 Pro ( don't buy one ; mine was free) -
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds to me it might be there for one of ( maybe both ) two reasons.

Either errosion is the issue or they might be concerned if it is really steep and narrow that if a rider was coming down and one up and they met in the middle that the rider going up would probably have to turn around and that may be the problem. I have been on some seriously steep trails that even if you stopped you were going to be in trouble.

As others mentioned people tearing up the trails is no help to the image that the ATV have seemed to have gotten. I sold mine a couple years back much for that reason. So many of our trails were so rutted up that they were next to impossable to get throughand more and more trails were closing for that reason. Sure do miss it though.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
I deer hunt in cary state forest --some bubba types with big tire trucks think the roads there are for "rutting" holes in with their tires so others with "normal" cars and trucks --- ie non monster jack up trucks can not go down the road to go hunting -- yea iidiots

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
this song can bring back "memories"? don't you mean "flash backs"? lol

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all about keeping people confined in their box. Ever notice all the chain link fences going up everywhere. Take a drive to key west and read some of those insane signs as you drive south. No stopping....not a photo stop......no fishing.....no walking dog unless on designated path.....no camp fires....no launching canoes or kayaks, must use authorized boat ramp. Since when do i need to use a boat ramp to launch a kayak ? And no fishing....in the florida keys ? This anal retentive attitude is infecting the whole country.
You hit the nail on the head. We have to wake up and think about who we are voting for and what will happen once they take office.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread