Forming a TH team

TEAM

Apr 30, 2022
I am assembling a treasure hunting team to search and recover items that are hidden in the states of AZ, NM, CO, and UT respectively, based out of Wilhoit AZ. Searches include but not limited to items such as lost Spanish mines and treasure caches, the LUE, etc.
Only researched and developed information on possible treasure sites will be pursued. Each location to be visited will require a vote to be conducted by each team member. Majority of votes determine the location to be searched. This is not a club. no dues will be charged.
There will be a research team and field exploration team. Each team will be comprised of 4 members. Each member contributing a unique skill or set of skills regarding treasure hunting. Skills include metal detectorist, researcher, Mining Engineer, Spanish sign interpreter, old maps expert just to name a few. Those interested will have the following: desire to be a part of a team of experts that travel in pursuit of treasure, financial ability to maintain their normal way of life, ability to pay for their own expenses, ability to stay in the field for prolonged periods of time, have a 4x4, UTV or Quad to reach the high country if needed. Above all they must be trust-worthy and honest. Absolutely no drugs or heavy consumers of alcohol. Non-smokers only, no police record. If you think you can handle the above, please send an email to [email protected] and lets talk.
Thanks

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
There will be a research team and field exploration team. Each team will be comprised of 4 members. Each member contributing a unique skill or set of skills regarding treasure hunting. Skills include metal detectorist, researcher, Mining Engineer, Spanish sign interpreter, old maps expert just to name a few.

Sounds like an interesting endeavor. But I noticed one glaring omission from your list: Legal team. Unless you own all the property where these sites turn out to be, how do you plan to get permission to search and secure rights to what is found? Even with everyone being a volunteer to the team, filing court documents still costs money, and there will no doubt be legal actions of some form or another, just because of the nature of the gig. And I mean that whether treasure is found or not. Then there is the common sense need for a medical team. As you stated, there will be a need to "stay in the field for prolonged periods of time". How will you handle things like accidents, chupacabra bites, severe allergic reactions, etc? I'm all for this kind of an organized, systematic treasure search. But I think you are underestimating the manpower and resources you are going to need. And on top of everything else, you are going to need two-way radios to communicate with someone who is not in the field, and maintain regular communication with them at set intervals. If an interval is missed, the non-field person would need to execute a plan to get official types out to the last known location to begin a hard target search of every farm house, hen house, out house and dog house to find the team.

OP
OP
T

TEAM

Apr 30, 2022
Sounds like an interesting endeavor. But I noticed one glaring omission from your list: Legal team. Unless you own all the property where these sites turn out to be, how do you plan to get permission to search and secure rights to what is found? Even with everyone being a volunteer to the team, filing court documents still costs money, and there will no doubt be legal actions of some form or another, just because of the nature of the gig. And I mean that whether treasure is found or not. Then there is the common sense need for a medical team. As you stated, there will be a need to "stay in the field for prolonged periods of time". How will you handle things like accidents, chupacabra bites, severe allergic reactions, etc? I'm all for this kind of an organized, systematic treasure search. But I think you are underestimating the manpower and resources you are going to need. And on top of everything else, you are going to need two-way radios to communicate with someone who is not in the field, and maintain regular communication with them at set intervals. If an interval is missed, the non-field person would need to execute a plan to get official types out to the last known location to begin a hard target search of every farm house, hen house, out house and dog house to find the team.
Howdy
Sage advice. However, I know you are not aware of my background, experience and training, which is fine.
Thanks for reaching out.
TEAM

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Sage advice. However, I know you are not aware of my background, experience and training, which is fine.
Thanks for reaching out.

True. Based on your only two posts I am not really aware of anything about you other than the information you provided in your first post. The observations I provide are pretty much what would be required for any serious endeavor these days. You certainly don't want a Treasure of the Sierra Madre situation going on, though if it does there's a good chance anyone you encounter will have stinking badges. This forum is replete with tales of villainous treachery and backstabbing. And some of them don't even involve government officials.

OP
OP
T

TEAM

Apr 30, 2022
True. Based on your only two posts I am not really aware of anything about you other than the information you provided in your first post. The observations I provide are pretty much what would be required for any serious endeavor these days. You certainly don't want a Treasure of the Sierra Madre situation going on, though if it does there's a good chance anyone you encounter will have stinking badges. This forum is replete with tales of villainous treachery and backstabbing. And some of them don't even involve government officials.
I was very vague in my initial post for many reasons. We both know that there are those on here that would like nothing better to see folks like us not be able to enjoy our hobby, which it really is a hobby when you consider the chances of finding a true treasure difficult to say the least. My true treasure is my wife, kids, and grand kids whom I enjoy immensely and are my world.

Goldminer

Apr 28, 2006
Las Vegas, Nv
Here's a golden opportunity to share your background, experience and training.
I am a professional salvage diver, treasure FINDER, and I know the back ground of this man. I am very surprised that more of you reading these posts who know what goes on in this environment aren't disturbed by some requests. If any out there want to become a part of something that I spent my life loving every moment, I suggest you contact this man.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am very surprised that more of you reading these posts who know what goes on in this environment aren't disturbed by some requests. If any out there want to become a part of something that I spent my life loving every moment, I suggest you contact this man.
You suggest we contact him? We still don't know anything about him. I mean, "I'm assembling a treasure hunting team" but i won't tell you anything about myself unless you contact me privately isn't a confidence builder in this day and age...

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a professional salvage diver, treasure FINDER, and I know the back ground of this man. I am very surprised that more of you reading these posts who know what goes on in this environment aren't disturbed by some requests. If any out there want to become a part of something that I spent my life loving every moment, I suggest you contact this man.
You may know his background but most here do not. The requests have been polite and are simply seeking more info.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldminer, please leave political comments out of thread. No one knows who "Team" is. He just joined and has given very little info to date which is why members were asking questions.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a professional salvage diver, treasure FINDER, and I know the back ground of this man.
And on that matter, we don't even really know who you are either as you've averaged only 3 posts per year, for the past 4 years! So one virtual stanger making an endorsement of another isn't anymore of a confidence builder.

Don't get me wrong, there's no crime in being a lurker/infrequent poster, but the point remains...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Goldminer since you refuse to follow our rules you lose the ability to post for a while. As far as "woke" ideology, I am as far from "woke" as you can get.

Maybe you should start working on your state.

Last edited:

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
The minor kerfuffle aside--I don't even know what "woke" means as it relates to treasure hunting, the whole team thing does sound like it would be an interesting and fun experience. I am just both reluctant and skeptical to get involved in something that involves driving several hundred miles and spending prolonged periods of time in the wilderness without knowing how the legalities have been sorted out, for starters. I would also want to know how medical emergencies would be handled, how food and water will be managed, what contingencies are being prepared and how the loot is to be divided. The Forrest Fenn treasure hunt clearly highlighted both the legal and physical perils that have always been a part of treasure hunting. So I would want to know right up front the extent to which team members would indemnify each other, what kind of food I'm going to be eating and the logistics behind how an emergency evacuation would take place. I don't see how wanting to know this is in any way rude, provocative or unduly aggressive. I'd be just as inquisitive when talking to someone I was contracting to prepare and pour me a new driveway or remove a tree from my property.

OP
OP
T

TEAM

Apr 30, 2022
Thank you for all that applied to become a team member. We are good to go.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with all your endeavors, be safe out there.

OP
OP
T

TEAM

Apr 30, 2022
cyzak
Thank you for the kind words. We are on a site now that looks promising. This will be my last post on the site. Those of you that are/were negative about my original post, should probably get off the recliner and do something constructive and not impune those of us who actually want to follow our dreams. Having said that, site admin, please remove "TEAM" from the site , as I do not want to be associated with hatred and malice from the "Wannabs" on this site. Good luck to all those that actually are out there following leads and stories to lost treasures.

canyon

Feb 11, 2006
I am assembling a treasure hunting team to search and recover items that are hidden in the states of AZ, NM, CO, and UT respectively, based out of Wilhoit AZ. Searches include but not limited to items such as lost Spanish mines and treasure caches, the LUE, etc.
Only researched and developed information on possible treasure sites will be pursued. Each location to be visited will require a vote to be conducted by each team member. Majority of votes determine the location to be searched. This is not a club. no dues will be charged.
There will be a research team and field exploration team. Each team will be comprised of 4 members. Each member contributing a unique skill or set of skills regarding treasure hunting. Skills include metal detectorist, researcher, Mining Engineer, Spanish sign interpreter, old maps expert just to name a few. Those interested will have the following: desire to be a part of a team of experts that travel in pursuit of treasure, financial ability to maintain their normal way of life, ability to pay for their own expenses, ability to stay in the field for prolonged periods of time, have a 4x4, UTV or Quad to reach the high country if needed. Above all they must be trust-worthy and honest. Absolutely no drugs or heavy consumers of alcohol. Non-smokers only, no police record. If you think you can handle the above, please send an email to [email protected] and lets talk.
Thanks
Spend the winters in Prescott Valley, have 2 offroad XJ's, have metal detecting skills and deep search Gemini also. I realize it is hard to put together crews and have been trying to search out a treasure myself. I am generally available from December to the end of March if interested.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cyzak
Thank you for the kind words. We are on a site now that looks promising. This will be my last post on the site. Those of you that are/were negative about my original post, should probably get off the recliner and do something constructive and not impune those of us who actually want to follow our dreams. Having said that, site admin, please remove "TEAM" from the site , as I do not want to be associated with hatred and malice from the "Wannabs" on this site. Good luck to all those that actually are out there following leads and stories to lost treasures.
Wow so sensitive!
I didn’t read much hatred or malice

OP
OP
T

TEAM

Apr 30, 2022
Spend the winters in Prescott Valley, have 2 offroad XJ's, have metal detecting skills and deep search Gemini also. I realize it is hard to put together crews and have been trying to search out a treasure myself. I am generally available from December to the end of March if interested.
my contact
[email protected]
send me your phone # please if interested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread