🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
000fff.jpg
000bbb.jpg
000ccc.jpg
000ddd.jpg
000eee.jpg

What are the odds they Shipped him out of the Country & Moved it ?

Other ??? He fell 32 Feet ? Saw the Gold, & Climbed back out Without even 1 Bar ?

Not Me ! " Come Get me & Bring a Large Bucket !!!! " Would have been My answer :treasurechest:

Last edited:

Deltanimal

Oct 2, 2016
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff. I know this post is a few years old, but let me give you my first hand knowledge. Jones was indeed stationed at Ft. Huachuca, he was in charge of several construction projects and his initials are in several cement and stone walls around the base. The partner he was with when he found the gold was KIA. He claimed that he broke off a piece of gold and sold it (at the time gold sales were illegal). Several other members remember him throwing a big party around that time. He also claimed that in the whole there was a golden throne. I have seen his map and been to the actual dig site. It is at the bottom of a canyon with 2 very steep canyon walls on either side of it and a creek close by. I can tell you for a fact, that THAT spot would flood so badly in the summer monsoons or after the winter snow melts, that anything 32" down would be completely flooded or filled with mud and silt.

At this point I had given up belief that the treasure was real. I was back in Ft. Huachuca and a family friend was living in the area. The mother had actually grown up in Sierra Vista (the town outside the base). I was talking to her husband and son, about how I believed either it was a hoax or just his imagination. The mother cut in and said when she was growing up, her brother found a gold bar in Garden Canyon, the next canyon over from Huachuca Canyon. He was around 12-14 so he turned it over to the MP's. Garden canyon is much wider, with raised areas, unlike Huachuca canyon, and would not have the same flooding issues that Huachuca Canyon would.

I not saying the treasure is there, but her story certainly got me interested in taking another trip out there.

A word of caution. The base is generally closed to the public. If you can get to the canyons, there are bears, cougars, rattlesnakes and other widelife all over the place. Also, The Huachuca mountains are used by both illegal immigrants and drug traffickers. I have bumped into several groups of immigrants hiding under bushes on my treasure excursions out there. I also had a co-worker stabbed multiple times (he lived) by an individual while in the mountains. Take precautions, take water, take a buddy.

Deltanimal

Oct 2, 2016
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff. I know this post is a few years old, but let me give you my first hand knowledge. Jones was indeed stationed at Ft. Huachuca, he was in charge of several construction projects and his initials are in several cement and stone walls around the base. The partner he was with when he found the gold was KIA. He claimed that he broke off a piece of gold and sold it (at the time gold sales were illegal). Several other members remember him throwing a big party around that time. He also claimed that in the hole there was a golden throne. I have seen his map and been to the actual dig site. It is at the bottom of a canyon with 2 very steep canyon walls on either side of it and a creek close by. I can tell you for a fact, that THAT spot would flood so badly in the summer monsoons or after the winter snow melts, that anything 32" down would be completely flooded or filled with mud and silt.

At this point I had given up belief that the treasure was real. I was back in Ft. Huachuca and a family friend was living in the area. The mother had actually grown up in Sierra Vista (the town outside the base). I was talking to her husband and son, about how I believed either it was a hoax or just his imagination. The mother cut in and said when she was growing up, her brother found a gold bar in Garden Canyon, the next canyon over from Huachuca Canyon. He was around 12-14 so he turned it over to the MP's. Garden canyon is much wider, with raised areas, unlike Huachuca canyon, and would not have the same flooding issues that Huachuca Canyon would.

I not saying the treasure is there, but her story certainly got me interested in taking another trip out there.

A word of caution. The base is generally closed to the public. If you can get to the canyons, there are bears, cougars, rattlesnakes and other widelife all over the place. Also, The Huachuca mountains are used by both illegal immigrants and drug traffickers. I have bumped into several groups of immigrants hiding under bushes on my treasure excursions out there. I also had a co-worker stabbed multiple times (he lived) by an individual while in the mountains. Take precautions, take water, take a buddy.

Last edited:

Tanneyhill

Mar 5, 2023
Hi Jeff. I know this post is a few years old, but let me give you my first hand knowledge. Jones was indeed stationed at Ft. Huachuca, he was in charge of several construction projects and his initials are in several cement and stone walls around the base. The partner he was with when he found the gold was KIA. He claimed that he broke off a piece of gold and sold it (at the time gold sales were illegal). Several other members remember him throwing a big party around that time. He also claimed that in the hole there was a golden throne. I have seen his map and been to the actual dig site. It is at the bottom of a canyon with 2 very steep canyon walls on either side of it and a creek close by. I can tell you for a fact, that THAT spot would flood so badly in the summer monsoons or after the winter snow melts, that anything 32" down would be completely flooded or filled with mud and silt.

Didn't the US military, CIA and President Lyndon Johnson steal the gold just like what they did over at Victorio Peak, New Mexico around the same time frame?

Are there any remnants of this treasure still to find?

Read this thread about the Huachuca and Victorio Peak treasures:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread