Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Fossilised wood replaced by Jade"?

No.

There are two forms of jade: jadeite and nephrite, both of which are metamorphic. It is possible to find fossils in metamorphic rocks, especially if lightly metamorphosed, but they’re relatively rare and have often lost much of their original organic structure. However, its not possible for jade to be the replacement mineral for a fossil.

Both jadeite and nephrite are formed under such extreme conditions of metamorphism and recrystallisation of their parent minerals that any organic structures would be completely destroyed. It’s not possible for jade to form replacement fossils, nor contain any recognisable remnant fossil material.

OP
OP
M

MountOlymp

Jul 16, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Fossilised wood replaced by Jade"?

No.

There are two forms of jade: jadeite and nephrite, both of which are metamorphic. It is possible to find fossils in metamorphic rocks, especially if lightly metamorphosed, but they’re relatively rare and have often lost much of their original organic structure. However, its not possible for jade to be the replacement mineral for a fossil.

Both jadeite and nephrite are formed under such extreme conditions of metamorphism and recrystallisation of their parent minerals that any organic structures would be completely destroyed. It’s not possible for jade to form replacement fossils, nor contain any recognisable remnant fossil material.
Wriong. Your theory is a theory simply. When a substance reforms noone guarantees that its destroyed, your theory can be valid in some instances. Organic material like sea shells and corals isnt destroeyed during fossilization . I suggest you go back to schoool.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wriong. Your theory is a theory simply. When a substance reforms noone guarantees that its destroyed, your theory can be valid in some instances. Organic material like sea shells and corals isnt destroeyed during fossilization . I suggest you go back to schoool.

It's not my theory. It's accepted science and, for the reasons I gave, there are no reported instances of jade in either of its forms being the replacement mineral for a fossil of any kind, or being the host rock for fossil remnants. Show me a reputable reference source that says otherwise... and not some Chinese fleabay seller who is making such a claim.

I have no need for additional schooling in this area thank you. You might want to brush up on your geology and palaeontology.

Last edited:

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS: You will find sellers using terms like "Fossil Jade" to boost the value of their offerings. Like this one for example:

If you read the spiel, the seller goes on to say that it isn't jade at all but "fossiliized by gradual replacement with agate" which is a wholly different thing, involving a different mineral and in a sedimentary context not a metamorphic one.

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest you go back to school and learn how to spell.

OP
OP
M

MountOlymp

Jul 16, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not my theory. It's accepted science and, for the reasons I gave, there are no reported instances of jade in either of its forms being the replacement mineral for a fossil of any kind, or being the host rock for fossil remnants. Show me a reputable reference source that says otherwise... and not some Chinese fleabay seller who is making such a claim.

I have no need for additional schooling in this area thank you. You might want to brush up on your geology and palaeontology.
Theories arent acceptable science. Go back to school please. Dont fomment on my threads please. Thankbyou

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theories arent acceptable science. Go back to school please. Dont fomment on my threads please. Thankbyou

It's not a theory, it's a scientific fact, and you declined my invitation to provide a link to any reputable source which supports your own (invalid) theory.

Unfortunately for you, the nature of forums is that you don't get to say who can or cannot reply to your threads. If you don't like the replies, please don't read them.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The spelling is deteriorating at an accelerated pace. To borrow from the great Col. Steve Austin, "It's breaking up, it's breaking up!"

digger15

Greenie
Sep 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These type of threads are entertaining to me, I won't lie........ Ask for.advice and reject it completely. There are some real experts here, and then there are some who have already made up their mind.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job! A poster on Reddit with the same 'MountOlymp' screen name has been displaying the same lack of knowledge with his posts about rocks and became extremely abusive with foul expletives when the folks there correctly tried to tell him he hadn't found a meteorite.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions