🥇 BANNER Found a cache of chinese coins

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Minelab CTX 3030, Falcon Md 20, and my old Fisher detector, Gold Cube
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a new location that some fellow detectorist told me about. I met a few of them there. And right away i started finding chinese coins. Then I found my first silver jewelry. So I switched to 4khz to hunt for deep silver but there was too much EMI so I switched to 10khz. After that I dug a few more coins. Then I got a faint signal and started digging deeper and deeper. About a foot down I hit some coins. And some were still stuck together. I kept pulling coin after coin. A Total of 130 coins came out of that hole. The coins that I have identified so far are from the Ming Dynasty 1674.

Attachments

• IMAG7546.jpg
    IMAG7546.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,074
  • IMAG7540.jpg
    IMAG7540.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 596,950
  • IMAG7534.jpg
    IMAG7534.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 715
  • IMAG7523.jpg
    IMAG7523.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 756
Upvote 107

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a new location that some fellow detectorist told me about. I met a few of them there. And right away i started finding chinese coins. Then I found my first silver jewelry. So I switched to 4khz to hunt for deep silver but there was too much EMI so I switched to 10khz. After that I dug a few more coins. Then I got a faint signal and started digging deeper and deeper. About a foot down I hit some coins. And some were still stuck together. I kept pulling coin after coin. A Total of 130 coins came out of that hole. The coins that I have identified so far are from the Ming Dynasty 1674.
That’s Awesome!!!! Congrats!!!!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
holy cow, what a cache

OP
OP
S

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Minelab CTX 3030, Falcon Md 20, and my old Fisher detector, Gold Cube
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holy cow, what a cache
This is what keeps metal detecting exciting. Just never know what you're gonna dig up next. This land was recently converted to a park. I found the coins about 3 feet away from a walkway.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those coins may have been used like this, my coins are more the 150 years old. The sword was hung on the wall for protection.

Attachments

• chinese-coin-sword.jpg
    chinese-coin-sword.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 224
  • chinese-coin-sword2.jpg
    chinese-coin-sword2.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sword center piece for attaching coins was hammered/notched (only the fakes have a round). Also, commemorative coins added make it better.

OP
OP
S

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W😲W .. That is a great find! What is the history of the area you are hunting?
From some old maps from 1898 it was a village but the coins predate the map by 224 years

OP
OP
S

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those coins may have been used like this, my coins are more the 150 years old. The sword was hung on the wall for protection.
Interesting, The coins I found are 348 years old

Yang Hao

Feb 23, 2015
Haerbin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the photographs I can Identify two of the coins. One looks to be a qianlong 乾隆 (qing dynasty) coin and the other jiaqing 嘉慶 (qing dynasty). It would be great to see all the coins once they are cleaned up. Also to see the mint marks on the back to ID which part of China they were minted. Great find! From your location you might be able to find even older coins (song,tang, han)

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING FIND !!! Thanks for sharing !!!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting find. Even though that piece of silver jewelry looks as some made in the 20th C. yours maybe quite old, as the style and technique it is goes back centuries. I've never thought about what fantastic treasures might be found made of metal in Taiwan.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy $%#&! I can imagine the feeling of finding coin after coin like that- Big time Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions