🥇 BANNER Found a cache of chinese coins

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Minelab CTX 3030, Falcon Md 20, and my old Fisher detector, Gold Cube
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a new location that some fellow detectorist told me about. I met a few of them there. And right away i started finding chinese coins. Then I found my first silver jewelry. So I switched to 4khz to hunt for deep silver but there was too much EMI so I switched to 10khz. After that I dug a few more coins. Then I got a faint signal and started digging deeper and deeper. About a foot down I hit some coins. And some were still stuck together. I kept pulling coin after coin. A Total of 130 coins came out of that hole. The coins that I have identified so far are from the Ming Dynasty 1674.

Attachments

• IMAG7546.jpg
    IMAG7546.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,074
  • IMAG7540.jpg
    IMAG7540.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 596,944
  • IMAG7534.jpg
    IMAG7534.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 715
  • IMAG7523.jpg
    IMAG7523.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 756
Upvote 107
OP
OP
S

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Minelab CTX 3030, Falcon Md 20, and my old Fisher detector, Gold Cube
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look forward to your future coin finds. It's rare on this website forum to have a treasure hunter in an area that can find Chinese Dynasty coins that could date to Ming or even MUCH earlier. If you do find early Chinese Dynasty coins I hope they can be displayed as a banner. It would be like finding early Roman coins in Europe. Good luck in your search. (thumbs up)
Thanks Yang Hao

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Wow. 130 coins from the 1600’s in a cache and no one has thrown the B word around yet? Walk tall with that find friend! I’ll throw a banner vote in for that.

Thanks DigToChina, I guess since I am in asia I was digging to America. Whats the B word?

And now you know what the B word is 😂 Congratulations on making banner!

OP
OP
S

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And now you know what the B word is 😂 Congratulations on making banner!
Wow. Thanks DigToChina. Now I know :) Never expected but very appreciative

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on achieving your first BANNER on Treasure Net Striker! :occasion14:
I can only imagine what a thrill it must've been to dig coin after coin after coin.
Dave

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hoping this would find the Banner, I thought it was too, great find again

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found only 2, one near a cotton mill in a baseball diamond, the other in a filled in canal that was dredged out, both in old areas of town, Im thinking early immigrant workers....maybe.

Blewfur

Jan 12, 2021
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
Nokta Makro Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a new location that some fellow detectorist told me about. I met a few of them there. And right away i started finding chinese coins. Then I found my first silver jewelry. So I switched to 4khz to hunt for deep silver but there was too much EMI so I switched to 10khz. After that I dug a few more coins. Then I got a faint signal and started digging deeper and deeper. About a foot down I hit some coins. And some were still stuck together. I kept pulling coin after coin. A Total of 130 coins came out of that hole. The coins that I have identified so far are from the Ming Dynasty 1674.
That’s awesome!

OP
OP
S

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on achieving your first BANNER on Treasure Net Striker! :occasion14:
I can only imagine what a thrill it must've been to dig coin after coin after coin.
Dave
Thanks Antiquarian, This is what makes detecting fun. And I had some of my metal detecting group with me. They were just as excited as I was. Happy hunting!

OP
OP
S

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread