Found a few things in the Great Basin this afternoon.

JC1

Jan 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 165
Upvote 0

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
I don't have anything for sure, other than it looks like a decent little dart point.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah the second is a nice small point. The rest are broken or debitage waste material.

OP
OP
J

JC1

Jan 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah the second is a nice small point. The rest are broken or debitage waste material.

I think the third from left is a Silver Lake stem which is about 7,500 to 11,000 years old. Maybe not.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the third from left is a Silver Lake stem which is about 7,500 to 11,000 years old. Maybe not.

You know your area better than me. I keep broken ones if they interest me.

OP
OP
J

JC1

Jan 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know your area better than me. I keep broken ones if they interest me.

Any piece of material I see worked fascinates me. I can walk for hours just looking at worked flint and stone. Early on I used to pick it all up but I got such buckets full now I can't bring it all home.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL I got a 5 gallon bucket Im trying not to fill. But when you find them in the dirt you either have to guess or put them in your mouth to find out. It depends on how caked they are before I put them in my mouth to clean them. Most wont admit they do that but I bet most do.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

kind of on the small side for an atlatl point.....and there were no bows in the Americas during that time period.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds! The one below the penny looks like a Mckean point.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hand-full! I too tend to walk for miles for a pocket of rocks. Don't know about that point- as I'm on the other side of the Mississippi, hunkering down in the Blue Ridge. Your area is beautiful though, so it can't be too much of a hardship...8-) I envy your agate.. HH! Yakker

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
...and you can walk in the high desert in 100 degree heat with no real discomfort. Wear a hat and drink water regular like...long sleeves too..but 100 degrees in the desert with no humidity is a nice walk indeed. Oh, and since you are looking down...wear a kerchief covering your neck.

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds...I enjoy seeing other peoples finds especially this time of year.The idea of a stroll in the heat sounds great.I'm guessing it would be a short stroll.....Enjoy count your blessings...-5° right now 16" of snow two days ago up to a foot coming tomorrow.I just heard the weather man say enjoy the day today snow tomorrow.What the hell what part of -5° are you supposed to enjoy?...life in Maine...mjm

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Nice finds...I enjoy seeing other peoples finds especially this time of year.The idea of a stroll in the heat sounds great.I'm guessing it would be a short stroll.....Enjoy count your blessings...-5° right now 16" of snow two days ago up to a foot coming tomorrow.I just heard the weather man say enjoy the day today snow tomorrow.What the hell what part of -5° are you supposed to enjoy?...life in Maine...mjm

...the staying inside part?....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread