Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I finally got out for a second time detecting in the local lake. First two hours were nothing but bobby pins and fish hooks, and a junk ear ring (not shown).
Then a kid ~ 9 or 10, befriended me. Usually kids are a pain in the ***, but this guy was cute, and kept diving, talking, diving.
Every time I move my scoop, he asks "Got a beep?" He must have been my good luck charm. From first talking to him, I started finding...
first a dime. Then a 20" silver (Italy .925) necklace, then a ring (junk) with "I Love You" inside, a penny, and a quarter. After a few more bobby pins, I told the kid I had to leave, but on the way out, I kept swinging, like any good detectorist does. Another solid signal in knee deep water gave me an 8" 14K bracelet, and I was done.
My gram scale broke, so no idea the weight on the precious. Both clasps were good, they were both just unhooked.
P7151388.JPG
P7151392.JPG

P7151393.JPG

Upvote 12
OP
OP
TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vpnavy, the kid said he had one at home. He also asked me how old mine was. When I told him it was a new one that I just picked up, he replied "So you have an old one? I need a new detector." with a big smile on his face.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man thats a good day....I always seem to have an army of kids following me these days. First I have my own small army of kids in my nephews, son, and all there little friends....all eager to find treasure. Then there are the strays....thats what I call them.....they mob me up alot, and sometimes I don't mind, and sometimes I do. One thing is for certain...most times I've had good luck with the kids, and once I found 3 big chunky gold rings in about 45 minutes with a crowd of like 5 kids.....we all shared a special moment that day, and im sure those kids are swinging a machine today !! What a day...what a memory !! Im sure they all remember it too !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions