Greenie
Mar 19, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this custom made Dog tag. I was able to call the owner and return it the same day. It was made from 925 silver. It was a pretty hefty chunk of silver weight is on the picture. The owner of the dog was an elderly man whom had lost the piece over a year ago. It was made for his dog by his best friend. He was really amazed and happy that it was returned. He also brought the bulldog out to meet me in the park. Thanks for looking.
dog1.JPG

dog1.JPG

Attachments

• dog2.JPG
    dog2.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 917

schoser

Aug 15, 2009
Southeast Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
dont know why you havent recieved any replies on this....it was a cool find for sure. you surely dont see very many silver dogtags. guess if you dont pull the standard gold rings and spanish coins, its no big deal?? dont know...but nice find and good on you for returning it.

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd be happy to find that. :icon_thumright:

I have a few dog tags that I've been thinking about trying to find the owners of for a while.

I may some day.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't see silver dog tags every day. great find, and cool that you were able to return it :headbang:

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
schoser said:
dont know why you havent recieved any replies on this....it was a cool find for sure. you surely dont see very many silver dogtags. guess if you dont pull the standard gold rings and spanish coins, its no big deal?? dont know...but nice find and good on you for returning it.
Lol, it was only a little over an hour since he posted that you wrote that. Neat find for sure though.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a great thing you did! I'll bet that gentleman was thrilled to get that one back!

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG! its always a good day when you make someone else happy!

Chukers

OP
OP
M

Mchad34

Greenie
Mar 19, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mchad34 said:
I found this custom made Dog tag. I was able to call the owner and return it the same day. It was made from 925 silver. It was a pretty hefty chunk of silver weight is on the picture. The owner of the dog was an elderly man whom had lost the piece over a year ago. It was made for his dog by his best friend. He was really amazed and happy that it was returned. He also brought the bulldog out to meet me in the park. Thanks for looking.
I kinda figured this would go on the honorable mention. Should I have posted it there?

flatbuttonman

Dec 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
schoser said:
Nice find!!! good job returning it, I do that when possible,I have returned Class rings before I like giving back to the sport.I have enjoyed MDN four 35 years n still do very much. Thank you for saving history one piece at a time
Flatbuttonman

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you will find many silver dog-license tags that get lost,
so you did good to find and return this one to its owner. Well Done.
BTW....you did the right thing by posting this in the today's finds forum.
The Mods will always move it to the correct forum after they read it.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions