✅ SOLVED Found buried near RR tracks.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
100_2425.JPG These were found buried side by side standing on end 175' from a Railroad track. They were VERY close to where I think some treasure may be buried. Does anyone know exactly what they are?

Last edited by a moderator:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What state did they come from? All I can think of is the massive chain they made to block the Hudson River during the Revolution to keep out British ship. How about pieces of anchor chain? (BIG ship.)

Upvote 0

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Watch aquachiggers videos on YouTube. They are train couplers to hold train cars together.

Upvote 0

FriscoT06

May 2, 2011
Hatteras Island, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II (retired), Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Agree with Train Couplers- Cool find- and that far off the tracks- I think I know what treasure you're gettin' at! Good luck and HH! Keep us posted!

Upvote 0

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
They are called link and pin couplers. You found the link. I find them all the time along late 1890's logging RR tracks. Keep detecting the area, you may find some pins.

Upvote 0

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find!

Can you cook the rust off?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We found them buried side by side standing on end about one foot deep. We found them right near where an old dowser told me three Civil War army cooking pots full of gold coins are buried. I could not dig where I wanted to this time. I think these two links are "links to' where the treasure is buried. Back in the old days they would bury large pieces of iron so that they could use large compasses to detect as the compasses were magnetic and could be used as a metal detector. What do you all think? What would be gained by cooking the rust off and how do you do it? Maybe I will try it on one of them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a "link" (get it?) to my YouTube video where I find a bunch of them. I have a video I shot a few days ago coming up where I find another on land. Very cool find, I love 'em!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions