Found Gold with Diamonds and What a Beaut!

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Hit the surf today...after my wife told me to get help for my ADDICTION! So I did, I went metal detecting. More about "my addiction" later. Surf site said "Flat" but one footers hit me all day long, just enough to keep me off-balance. My legs are still wobbly 4 hrs after detecting. Decided to concentrate on spots in the trough that felt rough to my feet (with diver boots on). Many of my scoops had a lot of shells and stones; love both since they slow down things from going to the center of the Earth. And it paid off.
20170205_181712.jpg
20170205_181753.jpg
I sometimes use Discrimination to check for iron before digging. I didn't have to check this target. It rang sweet and sharp. The large yellow gold ring has 10 diamonds and is marked "14K" and "ZEI". My second gold ring for 2017.
So far this year I have totalled 490 coins and 2 pieces of gold, making my coin-to-gold ratio 240 to 1. My long term average is 250-300 coins per gold piece so I'm doing fine so far this year. Luckily, even though I found a Cremation tag this year, I treated it with respect and returned it to the Gulf. Obviously, no hard feelings. Metal detecting is good.

Upvote 0

strick

Feb 28, 2005
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Embarrassed to tell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your on a roll. I used my gold luck up in Nov and Dec last year. No gold rings as of yet. Congrats

strick

OP
OP
L

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Great recovery! Top shelf all the way! :thumbsup:
Geez..... what's up with the creepy C-tags!:happy3:

Had a bad experience where I found 2 C-tags and stopped finding gold for 3 months, which is a lifetime for me. I returned the C-tags to the Gulf and asked for forgiveness and, no kidding, the next day found GOLD. This year I also found a C-tag but knew what to do - return it to the Gulf. A couple of days later or maybe a week I found a gold ring!

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a super duper find! Congratulations! Jeez, i posted twice, but its worth it. Haha

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Congratulations on fantastic detecting, Lawrence!:hello2:

That is one beautiful gold ring find!:notworthy:

keep 'em comin'!

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions