Found in a box of sewing stuff and several other unexpected buttons to log into my collection, on the hunt for info for them tonight. What a geek, huh

ButtonUrLipsTN

Greenie
Dec 24, 2021
TN
zepplin.jpg

Upvote 9

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Firstly I can't really help with the ID (a little modern for my knowledge) but you have tapped into a childhood memory;
Grandma's Button Tin.
I started detecting at about 11 but I probably never imaged I would gain such an interest in Buttons, but I do think that most younger kids do have a fascination with a Button Tin. (almost treasure like)
Something that is dyeing out with the mend & make good generation, & being replaced with the wasteful throw away generation.
Anyways went off topic, but it just sparked a good memory.

OP
OP
ButtonUrLipsTN

ButtonUrLipsTN

Greenie
Dec 24, 2021
TN
Firstly I can't really help with the ID (a little modern for my knowledge) but you have tapped into a childhood memory;
Grandma's Button Tin.
I started detecting at about 11 but I probably never imaged I would gain such an interest in Buttons, but I do think that most younger kids do have a fascination with a Button Tin. (almost treasure like)
Something that is dyeing out with the mend & make good generation, & being replaced with the wasteful throw away generation.
Anyways went off topic, but it just sparked a good memory.
The best thing about spending the weekend with my Nana was...diving into those button tins and with my dads dye cast toys from when he was a kid. It disgusts me how fast generation lazy and careless has taken over this world. I raised my two daughters, (21 & 23 now), to appreciate everything they have been given and have grown up learning from me. They are proudly, i say, both treasure hunters and have taken the time to appreciate and learn about what is past. Thank you for your response! That...I appreciate also!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread