perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

I found the pictured items recently on a beach in Vietnam. The beach was frequented by numerous American soldiers during the Vietnam war so I'm wondering if they are connected to that time period or if they are something more recent. The larger item looks like a pendant while the smaller one appears to be a pin of some kind. As you can see they have the same logo. When I found them, I thought is was the New York Yankees logo but then realized that it looks like a letter Y over a letter M. If anyone has any thoughts or feedback on what it could be, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
image0 (2).jpeg

Last edited:

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spent many hours on that beach at the BBQ pit. Was not far from our Mil complex. Swimming often resulted in one of those spine fish so most wore shoe's of some sort.

Those Saltwater crocodiles were no cake-walk either!

Upvote 1
OP
OP
perdidogringo

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent many hours on that beach at the BBQ pit. Was not far from our Mil complex. Swimming often resulted in one of those spine fish so most wore shoe's of some sort.
Very cool! I spent about a week hunting the beaches at Nha Trang and Phan Rang in December, 2021. I made a couple of videos of my searches and you can find them on Youtube if you search for "Low&SlowGlobal." The highlight was a gold ring found at Nha Trang beach.

My goal is to find something that an American serviceman lost at either of these 2 beaches. In fact, I just arrived back to Nha Trang today to do some more beach hunting. As I type, I am staying at a hotel right at the foot of the former Nha Trang Airforce Base. As you can see from the attached photo, my balcony overlooks the end of the old runway on the left and the beach to the right. Does it look familiar to you?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc7g_IDUbynuF_D5ZWQ-geQ

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    400.6 KB · Views: 42
Upvote 4
OP
OP
perdidogringo

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Those Saltwater crocodiles were no cake-walk either!

Wow, I wouldn't want to stumble upon one of those creatures!

"Saltwater Crocodiles are the larger of the two native species, growing up to a length of about 7 meters/20 feet when mature. These predators can be aggressive and are responsible for most human attacks worldwide, so they are very dangerous. Saltwater crocs typically weigh anywhere from 1,000-2,000 pounds and have a bite force of 3,700 pounds per square inch, one of the strongest bites ever measured among animals.

Even though it’s unlikely that you’ll ever meet one of these guys in the Vietnamese wilderness, it’s still wise to keep an eye open around lakes, ponds, riverbanks, and swamps.

The saltwater crocodile’s attack, and its death roll, would no doubt cause severe injury and likely death. Despite being one of the largest reptiles in the world, it easily camouflages itself from its prey. With an ability to hold its breath for up to seven hours, it can sneak up on its victim.

Saltwater crocodiles are not commonly found since they have been hunted near the point of extinction. However, if they are to be seen, it will be in the riverways and jungles of Vietnam. While they can handle saltwater for a few days (despite their name), they primarily live in freshwater swamps, lakes, rivers, and ponds."

Upvote 3

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a pix. taken from the control tower at Nha Trang Air Base View attachment 2019062 1970 looking towards the South China Sea.
If U look on the distant hill across the water and see the tower on the horizon, that was one of our towers. Just down over the hill was a super secret facility that was hooked to them.

Upvote 3
OP
OP
perdidogringo

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If U look on the distant hill across the water and see the tower on the horizon, that was one of our towers. Just down over the hill was a super secret facility that was hooked to them.
I'll take a picture later today of that distant hill. It has a large ferris wheel on it and looks completely different. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: RTR
Upvote 1

Gold Digger

Jul 21, 2003
The United States of Texas
Hi Everyone,

I found the pictured items recently on a beach in Vietnam. The beach was frequented by numerous American soldiers during the Vietnam war so I'm wondering if they are connected to that time period or if they are something more recent. The larger item looks like a pendant while the smaller one appears to be a pin of some kind. As you can see they have the same logo. When I found them, I thought is was the New York Yankees logo but then realized that it looks like a letter Y over a letter M. If anyone has any thoughts or feedback on what it could be, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
View attachment 2018921
From what I could find it seems they are both a Young Money (a hip hop/rapper) emblem...

Upvote 4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread