FOUND LOTS JADE

Orygun

Feb 21, 2005
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Technetics T2 Classic
Re: FOUND LOT'S JADE

You know I had no idea you could find Jade at the beach. I find quite a lot of agates on the beach here in Orygun. How big are the pieces you were finding?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SASQUASH

I'm going to put some pic's on when they are done tumbling. I'm on the last polish now about 3 more days. The bigest one is about 3in. by 2in. Yes I found a few agates too. SASQUATCH <><

Upvote 0

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado

Does it look like this?

Attachments

• 2 044.jpg
    2 044.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,006
Upvote 0
S

stefen

South of Carmel-By-The-Sea, along Highway 1, there is a site called Jade Beach that has a significant outcrop. I have a bottle full of 1/4 to 1/2 inch pebbles and one that is 3" x 4" and looks like a potatoe.

Some of the jade from this site is called grape jade and looks like a solid grape cluster.

If nothing else, the drive is unblievable.

Upvote 0

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sorry guys, I keep hearing the term Mason Jar..... What is it? ::)

God bless
Peter

P.S. I am learning so much from you guys, keep up the good work

Upvote 0

weldermark

Jan 17, 2005
LOU-EVIL KY
Detector(s) used
white's DFX

pgill, it's a jar used and designed to can fruits and vegtables here in the states,it also has a two piece lid.

HH Mark

p.s. mason is a brand name.

Upvote 0

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi Mark,

Thanks for clearing that problem up for me..... Amazing the different terminology that each country uses ;D

God bless
Peter

Upvote 0

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi Mark,

We call those jars "Consol Jars" because they are made by Consol Glass. They are preserve jars for jams etc. The metal disc that you see in the picture is the modern version, in the old days the disc was made of glass.

God bless
Peter

Attachments

• Consol Glass 1.jpg
    Consol Glass 1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 884
  • Consol Glass 2.jpg
    Consol Glass 2.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 876
Upvote 0

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks Mark, a few years back, these jars had a glass top with a wire frame that locked the lid on ,,, I must see if I can find one for you... Sorry for taking this topic over with a mason jar ;D

God bless
Peter

Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

stefen said:
Some of the jade from this site is called grape jade and looks like a solid grape cluster.
(bold lettering added)

Is that what's known as betroityl (sp?)? I friend of mine has a chunk of grape-cluster-type jade (or jadeite) from the Eel River in No.Cal that is gorgeous. He's on his last leg and I'm not only concerned about his future but also the future of his rock collection. He's got some great stuff. Anyhow, the jadeite he has is approx. 8"x6" and deep green in color.

Upvote 0
S

stefen

TreasureTales,

Are you from Humboldt County by chance. Will be up there in several weeks...future b-in-law owns the Blue Ox Millworks...will be spending time in Ferndale and the along the Lost Coast..

Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

stefen said:
TreasureTales,

Are you from Humboldt County by chance. Will be up there in several weeks...future b-in-law owns the Blue Ox Millworks...will be spending time in Ferndale and the along the Lost Coast..
I lived in Humboldt County for 4 years while I attended college (HSU). I've lived in the county just south of Humboldt for the past 13 years. That would be Mendocino County. I wish you well on your treasure adventure in Humboldt County. There's an old drive in movie theater along Highway 101 between Eureka and Arcata. I asked permission to hunt it one day but was turned down. I think the lady wanted to say "sure, go ahead" but she said her boss wouldn't let anyone do it. He's probably worried about liability or he wants to hunt it himself. :-\ Anyhow, the place is used as an RV parking area and could be a great place for silver. If you are near there, you might try to get permission to hunt it. Maybe the guy has changed his mind by now (I asked about 4 years ago.) He also had an old Coke sign hanging near the movie screen. I bet the Coke sign would be worth a few hundred bucks to the right buyer. I'd have tried to talk him into selling me the sign if I'd been successful in getting permission to hunt the property. That may be too far north for your trip. Just thought I'd let you know about it in case you are in that area. The Lost Coast might be good for artifacts, but beware of the feds watching you with binoculars. They can be sneaky up there in the land of big trees and pot plants. lol

Anyhow, hope you'll post your finds when you return (several weeks for now, I know). Good luck!!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread