Found Men's silver wedding band with name on it-need help trying to locate him.

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• RP's ring.jpg
    RP's ring.jpg
    1,001.8 KB · Views: 166
Upvote 20

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are two Raul Perez’s who live in the city you found it in. The links have their address and telephone numbers. There are also quite a few with the same name who reside in Denver.

https://www.truepeoplesearch.com/details?name=Raul Perez&citystatezip=Denver, CO&rid=0xr

https://www.truepeoplesearch.com/details?name=Raul Perez&citystatezip=Denver, CO&rid=l0x2

Last edited:

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can you all give me some ideas on how to be a detective?

As a police officer, I have access to a variety of extremely powerful tools to search for things, including people. However I’ve often found that public databases and internet search engines are sufficient enough to find most anyone. Truepeoplesearch.com is just one of those databases. By the way, if you are reading this I would highly suggest you go to that site and if your information is on it, have it removed.

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Not sure if this has been said but don’t ask anyone “have you lost a wedding ring” or turn it over without absolute verification, meaning they can tell you their wedding date and describe the ring.

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you have both an ACE 400 and an Equinox 800. How is the transition from the Garrett product to the Minelab? I really want to get another detector, but I am not sure I should go with the AT Pro or the Equinox....your thoughts?

I'll answer this for you! (By the way, kudos and good luck on the ring return)

I went from the Ace250 to the AT_Pro, and then to the Equinox 800. And I will NEVER go back!

Trust me, I loved the Garrett detectors. They're really great, solid machines. But when I took out the Equinox and returned to all the places I'd "hunted out" with the AT-Pro, my 3rd signal (very first time out!) was a large cent about 10 inches down, in a spot I must've swung the coil over a hundred times.

The Nox is noisy compared to the Garrett, so be prepared to listen to thousands of different beeps. But that's because it can pick up multiple signals *really* well. It finds coins next to nails and trash ALL the time. You'll be listening to the detector much more than you'll be looking at the display, especially when you're cherry-picking those sweet little high tones out among all the lower ones.

Also, the 'Nox comes with wireless headphones. Once you've worn wireless headphones you'll NEVER go back to struggling with wired headphones again. I still have nightmares of my shovel getting caught up in that thick, curly cord coming down off my AT-Pro headset. That all ended when I bought the 'Nox.

The 'Nox is so much lighter, too. Damn, I sound like a salesman! :laughing7: Anyway, I recommend it. It'll take a few hours to get used to the sounds and signals, but you'll be finding better, deeper stuff right out of the box.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the ring and good luck with the return. Im in the same boat right now. The website sjvalley mentioned might be the key. Ive been searching for hours andthanks to that website now I finally have a phone number! In regards to the Nox I couldent be happier with the purchase. It goes deep and I too have found many things I missed with my Ace250. Lots of silver, neat relics and my first gold too! I have gotten it wet but havent kept it under water long it works fine for me. Happy hunting to you and good luck!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as you know it is really silver and not golf I would just blast the information out there on what you found with nearly all the specifics Just be sure to say marked or verified silver.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
FOUR! Sorry...counld't resist.....it's late Friday afternoon......I'm going home now!

HH ALL!

califteacher

Sep 30, 2012
Vista, San Diego County, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you have no luck, feel free to pm me. I do a lot of genealogy work and have pretty good luck tracking people down. Please let us know if you find the owner.

OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you have no luck, feel free to pm me. I do a lot of genealogy work and have pretty good luck tracking people down. Please let us know if you find the owner.

Will do, Califteacher! Thank you for the help!

OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll answer this for you! (By the way, kudos and good luck on the ring return)

I went from the Ace250 to the AT_Pro, and then to the Equinox 800. And I will NEVER go back!

Trust me, I loved the Garrett detectors. They're really great, solid machines. But when I took out the Equinox and returned to all the places I'd "hunted out" with the AT-Pro, my 3rd signal (very first time out!) was a large cent about 10 inches down, in a spot I must've swung the coil over a hundred times.

The Nox is noisy compared to the Garrett, so be prepared to listen to thousands of different beeps. But that's because it can pick up multiple signals *really* well. It finds coins next to nails and trash ALL the time. You'll be listening to the detector much more than you'll be looking at the display, especially when you're cherry-picking those sweet little high tones out among all the lower ones.

Also, the 'Nox comes with wireless headphones. Once you've worn wireless headphones you'll NEVER go back to struggling with wired headphones again. I still have nightmares of my shovel getting caught up in that thick, curly cord coming down off my AT-Pro headset. That all ended when I bought the 'Nox.

The 'Nox is so much lighter, too. Damn, I sound like a salesman! :laughing7: Anyway, I recommend it. It'll take a few hours to get used to the sounds and signals, but you'll be finding better, deeper stuff right out of the box.

This is a VERY helpful summary, and greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the ring and good luck with the return. Im in the same boat right now. The website sjvalley mentioned might be the key. Ive been searching for hours andthanks to that website now I finally have a phone number! In regards to the Nox I couldent be happier with the purchase. It goes deep and I too have found many things I missed with my Ace250. Lots of silver, neat relics and my first gold too! I have gotten it wet but havent kept it under water long it works fine for me. Happy hunting to you and good luck!

Thanks, TheMilDetector! I will check out the website. I want this guy to have his ring back...appreciate the NOX advice. I think I will be getting one next year. But I DO love my trusty Garrett ACE 400, it has served me well!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember the story of the guy who found a seriously expensive wedding ring with womans name in it...
who painstakingly located the owner thinking she would be beside herself upon its return.

Upon contacting the owner the woman simply says "throw it back in the ocean because I threw it there on purpose, I hated that a--hole"

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember the story of the guy who found a seriously expensive wedding ring with womans name in it...
who painstakingly located the owner thinking she would be beside herself upon its return.

Upon contacting the owner the woman simply says "throw it back in the ocean because I threw it there on purpose, I hated that a--hole"

Well if it comes to that then you get to keep it and not feel guilty! :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread