pennsylavania
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro/Garret At Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0516.JPG
IMG_0517.JPG
IMG_0519.JPG

Found this yesterday. I was at the same house I always go to and decided to go to the backyard for a change. I was digging a lot of junk that sounded like good targets. Then I got a steady 65 only 2 inches deep. I figured it was more junk since was so close to the surface. But when dug a little probe hole out popped the ring with all that dirt.

Upvote 18

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done with the recovery
Post a picture of it clean up yet, also is there any K markings on the inside band?

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1995124 View attachment 1995125 View attachment 1995127

Found this yesterday. I was at the same house I always go to and decided to go to the backyard for a change. I was digging a lot of junk that sounded like good targets. Then I got a steady 65 only 2 inches deep. I figured it was more junk since was so close to the surface. But when dug a little probe hole out popped the ring with all that dirt.
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!Looks plated, but Cool!!!!

kac

Aug 4, 2021
North East
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Seahunter MKII, Apex, Makro Multi Kruzer, Tesoro Tejon. Started with a BH Tracker 505 back in early 90's.
Nokta Pulse Pointer and Minelab Profind 35.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats. Does look plated though, did you clean it up? I say that because the gold looks chipped in areas and the stone settings. Usually diamonds and even CZ (man made diamonds) are mounted differently using posts so they are suspended to allow light to shine through.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the nice ring, Seahound. It is a plated ring, but all rings are good rings, in my book. I have been very successful using my AT Pro and ATMax to dig precious metal jewelry out of the ground. Always dig a 65 VDI signal, as good relics and jewelry show up in that range. As a note, your ring, if solid 10k-14k gold would have rang up more like a nickle (51-54) on your machine. Food for thought that I have learned from experience. Cheers, Sub 8-)

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions