goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a google map of a local beach last night and dowsed it. I came up with 2 areas on the map that I wanted to go hunt today.
My particular dowsing was for gold rings. I got to the beach and started with the first red circle on the south side of the map. Didn't find any gold in that area.
I figured maybe the gold was too deep or I had perhaps missed them.....or maybe there wasn't any rings there. I continued to hunt up the beach with my CZ-20
toward the northern area that I had marked on the map. It wasn't very long after I reached the area I turned up the first ring. The 10K wedding band with little diamonds in it.
I searched around the same hole and bingo....found the other part of the wedding band set. I was really thinking this was a good day....can it get better? I started working my way further north and about 20' away from where I found the others....I pulled up the yellow gold band. This one just outside the area that I had marked on the map. That's close enough for me to be a believer. I had only tried this one other time on a soccer field. I dowsed that area using a google earth map and found 5 rings in one hole....only one of them being gold. That being my first time doing it....I didn't post it as being a dowsing find. I'm starting to like this map dowsing thing. I told my son about it...and the first thing he said was...Dad....is that witchcraft? lol I really don't think so.....to me it feels like being able to connect even over long distances with the energy field that is there when these metals are present. It's like being in-tune with unseen physical forces. I know that I am opening myself up to all sorts of non-believers......but hey....I knew where I wanted to go on the wide open beach today...and I came home with what I was looking for. May the force be with you all..........lol

* The green squares are where I found the rings...........

beachhunt.jpg

The results:
ringsabc.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
goldkey

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, what type of Device did you use to Dowse with, I want to try it myself.

I used a simple (1/8") Brass L-rod baited with a small gold chain. Wrapped the gold chain around the rod and secured it with copper wire.
I had put a drinking straw on the handle so the rod turns easily in your hand. I went today to get some copper tubing to replace the straw.
I think metal copper would be a better conductor for me...as the straw may be more of an insulator. I want more contact with the metal. You can
get all these materials except the gold at Lowe's fairly cheap.

L-rod.jpg

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
.to me it feels like being able to connect even over long distances with the energy field that is there when these metals are present. It's like being in-tune with unseen physical forces. I know that I am opening myself up to all sorts of non-believers......but hey....I knew where I wanted to go on the wide open beach today...and I came home with what I was looking for. May the force be with you all..........lol
Thanks goldkey. I don’t worry about where and how I get the information. I to enjoy the feeling when I go hunting knowing something is there...Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't live near the ocean, but I'd love to do that sometime beach searching, using a pair of L-rods and a 14" gold classifier pan to quickly sift the sand from my holes (or turn sideways to get down in wet sand).

Here is a video on map dowsing with a single L-rod.

Last edited:

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
Thanks Red. Very interesting when you learn something...Art
Hey Art, have you noticed how quiet the skeptics get when someone posts their finds from dowsing? BUT, they will probably have to have time to look up Randy ( the amazing one ) to figure out a way to play their pseudo stuff.:coffee2:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Art, have you noticed how quiet the skeptics get when someone posts their finds from dowsing? BUT, they will probably have to have time to look up Randy ( the amazing one ) to figure out a way to play their pseudo stuff.:coffee2:
Hey, don't forget my name is Randy also.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Red. Very interesting when you learn something...Art
I think more than one way is possible, I'd suggest taping a printed satellite map on a wood door, to see how a single rod can point also.

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I dowsed a map last night, went out this morning and found gold bars. Wow...............

Not really. But just because someone types something on here doesn't make it fact. Just because someone walks around and digs up a silver dollar in perfect view of the camera setup....doesn't make it fact.

I've been reading these posts for a while now thinking that my common sense tells me...no way, doesn't make sense. But weirder stuff happens now and again.

Noticed you guys get pissed when skeptics say "prove it". That's your right. Remember when they pile on.....you guys stirred it up with all the "where are the skeptics?"

Typing something here is not proof.

By the way, I'm not a skeptic or a believer. I'm undecided.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once posted this video on a gold prospecting forum. I used to do a lot of posting there, but because of one comment, hardly ever spend time on the site now. Single L-rod technique used for gold nuggets in Australia. Video was made after a rain, nuggets washed out and near surface.

The guy who made the video admits to having been skeptical about dowsing himself. He tells how a dowser marked a spot for him to dig and out popped a 2 1/2 ounce nugget. In the video here, he still can't dowse but has children who can do it. Nugget found is at the end.

Last edited:

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So, I have to ask. Why if it works, isn't everyone who has the ability rich. Seriously. That's where my hangup is. I want to believe, but it makes no sense to me why a person would not quit their job and simply do this and get rich.

It's like financial advisers...if they are so good, why are they still working?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I have to ask. Why if it works, isn't everyone who has the ability rich. Seriously. That's where my hangup is. I want to believe, but it makes no sense to me why a person would not quit their job and simply do this and get rich.

It's like financial advisers...if they are so good, why are they still working?
Actually, I am unemployed and using my unemployed time to do this, not going to get rich map dowsing on the forum here (or be able to take trips at your own expense) but to me it is treasure hunting.

Last edited:

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So, is it hit and miss? Some are better than others?....what's the deal?

I've watched a few vids now....because I was honestly interested, that made me laugh. Others, well you just have to have faith I suppose that they are real and the people are being honest. However, there are a few on this site even, that don't make a guy want to say wow, that looks like it might have some credibility.

Just asking, not trying to sir it up. It's just this is hard to find out about if you don't know someone personally that does it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread