Found myself some silver!

iAmMike

Oct 31, 2021
North Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
MineLab Equinox 800, Manticore
I've had a terrible start to the year. Here it is already the 2nd week in February and I'm just now finding my first note worthy finds of the year. But, despite the slow start to the year, I'm glad to be finally on the books and hopefully things will start to turn around. Last week I was out hunting loads of 1905 or earlier home sites but came home empty handed. Today, I went out to a town where I've done real well in the past with potential for pre-war US coinage. This particular permission had told me that it was hunted by many before me, which didn't surprise me at all. Luckily, these folks had missed some modern silver.

I dug a 1951 Rosie and an unidentified but marked sterling item. It clearly says sterling, made in the USA but I can't quite make out the company name. I think it says Elaim American. I also found a neat button - if anyone recognizes the design on it, I'd appreciate any info you could give.

20220212_153001 - Copy.jpg

20220212_153009 - Copy.jpg
20220213_134840.jpg

20220213_134818.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 25
OP
OP
iAmMike

iAmMike

Oct 31, 2021
North Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
MineLab Equinox 800, Manticore
Your "button" I am pretty sure is a WW1 US Army Chemical Corps enlisted Collar Disk. Those are likely symbols for chemical flasks.

Wow, I think you are right. A quick Google search and the same thing popped up:
1644780932762.png

Any idea what the sterling thing is?

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I think you are right. A quick Google search and the same thing popped up:
View attachment 2010039

Any idea what the sterling thing is?
Yep. Nice find. I saw the same site. I knew it was military and likely war time around WW1 if chemical. Lots of chemicals around WW1. Terrible in the trenches. Horrible time.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a terrible start to the year. Here it is already the 2nd week in February and I'm just now finding my first note worthy finds of the year. But, despite the slow start to the year, I'm glad to be finally on the books and hopefully things will start to turn around. Last week I was out hunting loads of 1905 or earlier home sites but came home empty handed. Today, I went out to a town where I've done real well in the past with potential for pre-war US coinage. This particular permission had told me that it was hunted by many before me, which didn't surprise me at all. Luckily, these folks had missed some modern silver.

I dug a 1951 Rosie and an unidentified but marked sterling item. It clearly says sterling, made in the USA but I can't quite make out the company name. I think it says Elaim American. I also found a neat button - if anyone recognizes the design on it, I'd appreciate any info you could give.

View attachment 2009997
View attachment 2009998 View attachment 2010025
View attachment 2010026
Very nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 2009997
View attachment 2010026
2022 looks to be picking up! love that silver, wtg

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, geez, I see comb-ish. You know what? The sterling item i found does actually have a space where a plastic comb could go. So maybe it was a comb. View attachment 2010067
If you went to a beauty supply store, they have red-ish brown combs a little longer than a pocket comb. Cut a piece off. That & a little work and you'd have a heck of a nice display piece!

diggun

Greenie
Feb 16, 2022
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX, White's Prism IV, Nokta-Makro Legend

View attachment 2009997
View attachment 2010026
Hey at least you're getting out there! The weather here in South Dakota has been beautiful for the past week, but the ground is still frozen solid!

-Ro

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread