Found odd ceramic piece today - need help identifying it!

aleanne

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was walking my dog today when I found this partially sticking out of the ground. I dug around a little and exposed more of it. It looks like some type of ceramic dish, but I have no idea what it really is. I would like to know more about it. The land I live on was used to travel from the railroad tracks and camped on for battle during the civil war. I doubt it is that old or anything of value, would just like to know what it is. Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• 20180815_154939.jpg
    20180815_154939.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 153
Upvote 8
OP
OP
A

aleanne

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig it up so we can see it. Gary
Haha, I plan to tomorrow morning, had to leave before I could get any futher with it. Didn't have a shovel or anything with me. Just a rock and stick 😂

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was walking my dog today when I found this partially sticking out of the ground. I dug around a little and exposed more of it. It looks like some type of ceramic dish, but I have no idea what it really is. I would like to know more about it. The land I live on was used to travel from the railroad tracks and camped on for battle during the civil war. I doubt it is that old or anything of value, would just like to know what it is. Thank you for your help!
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard aleanne! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - It may help members helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure you are looking at the bottom side of a broken Ceramic Insulator from a high power electric line or some sort.

e47488e9815b2205810d89a550b5e58c--electric-insulators-glass-insulators.jpg

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from Niagara Falls. Can’t wait to see what you unearth.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I have seen thousands and thousands of the ceramic insulators in my 65 years on this earth. However, there appears to be more in the hole than mere insulator pieces.

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen thousands and thousands of the ceramic insulators in my 65 years on this earth. However, there appears to be more in the hole than mere insulator pieces.

Maybe im missing something here, but the OP asked about what the "Type of Ceramic Dish" in the photo, and in looking over the photo again, i see the broken insulator, a rock, and a lotta dirt...
Maybe the Metal Center Connector piece is down ther somewhere, and even the rest of the broken insulator... but certainly dont see any sign of that in the OP's pic..

OP
OP
A

aleanne

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks exactly like it! Thank you so much. It was driving me crazy ��

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
be careful pulling her out nice relic

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Who's saying what else may be in the hole? The OP asked for ID on the object in the photo. If what is showing in the photograph is anything but a high-voltage porcelain insulator, I'll eat it.

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been identified correctly

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks exactly like it! Thank you so much. It was driving me crazy ��

Got any pics of everything that came out of the hole?

Also, we don't need any condescending remarks from others! If I was wrong, then I am wrong and hope it never happens to anyone else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread