Found Oldest Coin yet (1852) at a New Site

NorILdigcollector

Sep 23, 2015
Northern IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found new site at the park the other day where a home site was located from an 1859 map. I had tried to locate the site couple times before but with no luck. I finally found it. I found an 1860 IH with a square nail hole through it along with an old pin and small gold plated ring a couple weeks ago. I found the button first and then was amazed when I dug the 1852 large cent right in the middle of the trail I was detecting along. I am looking forward to more finds here. I might post the button in another forum. It had a pattern of dots punched in the front of it (seven around the outside in a circle, seven in a tight circle near the center, and one right in the center).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211025-221233_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211025-221233_Gallery.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 53
Upvote 13

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found new site at the park the other day where a home site was located from an 1859 map. I had tried to locate the site couple times before but with no luck. I finally found it. I found an 1860 IH with a square nail hole through it along with an old pin and small gold plated ring a couple weeks ago. I found the button first and then was amazed when I dug the 1852 large cent right in the middle of the trail I was detecting along. I am looking forward to more finds here. I might post the button in another forum. It had a pattern of dots punched in the front of it (seven around the outside in a circle, seven in a tight circle near the center, and one right in the center).
Nice Large Cent!!! Congrats!!!

billb

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2010
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful large cent Congratulations on your nice recovery

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Macro Simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice save! wtg, research and persistence paying off

E-Trac-Ohio

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A big congrats on you oldest coin yet - it's a day you'll remember !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread