Found Peglegs lost gold mine on google. wish someone could check it out.

cab

Dec 3, 2022
I read a few stories about pegleg's lost gold mine, and there's a lot of interesting stories, so I followed the river from Colorado to Yuma on google and imagined the river being up. When you try to go upstream near Yuma to find another crossing you have to go up through this little pass here and there's the 3 buttes. Only problem is it's on Department of defense grounds between the Yuma proving grounds and the Laguna army airfield. There's an Indian reservation to the east and I imagine there was a railroad somewhere nearby. The attached picture of the buttes has coordinates on the bottom right so feel free to look into this and give me your opinions. I imagine it's never been discovered because it's been DoD grounds since probably shortly after the legend arose.

Attachments

• pegleg.jpg
    pegleg.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 41
  • pegleg2.jpg
    pegleg2.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read a few stories about pegleg's lost gold mine, and there's a lot of interesting stories, so I followed the river from Colorado to Yuma on google and imagined the river being up. When you try to go upstream near Yuma to find another crossing you have to go up through this little pass here and there's the 3 buttes. Only problem is it's on Department of defense grounds between the Yuma proving grounds and the Laguna army airfield. There's an Indian reservation to the east and I imagine there was a railroad somewhere nearby. The attached picture of the buttes has coordinates on the bottom right so feel free to look into this and give me your opinions. I imagine it's never been discovered because it's been DoD grounds since probably shortly after the legend arose.
Good luck with your research. Let me welcome you to a VERY FINE FORUM !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread