Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These are some of the finds made on the last several hunts I was on over the last few weeks.
Hunted at a few different old houses around a 1800's Cellar Hole.

The 1920 Canadian Large Cent was a real surprise - I thought it was a Token at first.
Large Cents come in at a (95) TID on the Deus - this LC came in as a solid (86).
Canada minted Large Cents from 1858 to 1920.
It's a little larger in diameter than a US Quarter and a little smaller than a US Large Cent.
In 1920 they minted both Large and Small Cents - I just got lucky.

We were hunting a 1800's Cellar Hole yesterday and I got a Wheat Cent range hit - removed the coin - checked the hole again - got another hit - then another - then another, etc.
Ended up pulling (11) coins out of the same hole.
(3) Indian Cents - 1898-1902-1903 and (8) Wheat Cents - 1909 to 1924.

Also found a total of (36) Wheat Cents on these hunts.

The Chevrolet Car Dealer Ship - "Encased Key Ring" had a Wheat Penny in it at one time.
"It says - "NEVER GO BROKE" around the edge. The 4th photo is of a similar non-dug version.

Sorry for the low quality photo's and I don't usually don't clean my finds till Winter time, when the seasons over.

Good Hunting !

Attachments

• May 2023 Finds - A.jpg
    May 2023 Finds - A.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 1920 - Canada Large Cent - A.jpg
    1920 - Canada Large Cent - A.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 1920 - Canada Large Cent - B.jpg
    1920 - Canada Large Cent - B.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Encased Key Ring .jpg - B.jpg
    Encased Key Ring .jpg - B.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Upvote 24

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These are some of the finds made on the last several hunts I was on over the last few weeks.

The 1920 Canadian Large Cent was a real surprise - I thought it was a Token at first.
Large Cents come in at a (95) TID on the Deus - this LC came in as a solid (86).
It's a little larger in diameter than a US Quarter and a little smaller than a US Large Cent.

We were hunting a 1800's Cellar Hole yesterday and I got a Wheat Cent range hit - removed the coin - checked the hole again - got another hit - then another - then another, etc.

Sorry for the low quality photo's and I don't usually don't clean my finds till Winter time, when the seasons over.

Good Hunting !
Congrats on a awesome day of hunting!!! You got a little bit of everything! All nice recoveries. Love the Chevy key ring particularly. When you get time would you post another pic of the Chevy key ring. Thanks.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good Hunting !
Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Stellar find E! You did get lucky. They made about 2.3 small cents for every LC that year so you definitely beat the odds with that one. Looks to be in pretty sweet shape with good patina too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread