found some silver today

strawbfan

Sep 4, 2003
Utica NY
Detector(s) used
Mnelab Safari ,Garrett Ace250
I found a walking liberty half and a barber quarter today at the reservoir I hunt.I have hunted there heavily for the last 3 or 4 years,the finds have been real slim lately.An IH here a wheat penny there.When I first got my ace250 about a month ago I had a signal that read 50 cents I dug and didn`t find anything and left.I was looking at the dirt near the tree I had dug near last month and decided to see if I got a signal ,read 5o cents again ,this time I have the pinpointing down and realised I was off a few inches to the right of where the coin was,I dug down a few inches and saw silver.Was real surprised to see a Walking liberty half pop out,it is a 1945.I went to another spot and found the barber,it was on end the signal was not very good but I dug anyways,glad I did:) I found a clad quarter and dime and a wheat penny up there today too,one of my better days up there in quite some time.
walkingback.jpg

barberfront.jpg

barberback.jpg

Attachments

• walking front.jpg
    walking front.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 0
C

coinshot

nice work!!? ?I just started MDing a week ago....no silver yet? ?but I found my oldest coin so far....a 1962 penny...also found alot of new coins too....that means I am getting better.? A little over 6.00 in coins...what a day.....glad I dont do it for a living..hehe

;D

OP
OP
strawbfan

strawbfan

Sep 4, 2003
Utica NY
Detector(s) used
TY,you`re doing better than I did when I started out3 or 4 years ago.I didn`t really find much at all for about a month.Then I found my first silver,it was a 1936 quarter,up at the same spot I found these coins today.It has been a real good spot I`ve found over 80 coins up there in the past 3 years,but it`s getting real hard to find stuff the last few times up there before today I only found an IH penny a couple wheat pennies and a Barber dime.I couldn`t believe I found 2 silver coins today ,it has`t happened for awhile.

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
Hi straw, These ace250's like coins don't they?? I am still learning mine, going over my yard again and again and still finding coins!!!!! Your site may be drying up but it sounds like its still worth a shot now and then. WTG on the silvers!!! HH
Greg

OP
OP
strawbfan

strawbfan

Sep 4, 2003
Utica NY
Detector(s) used
yes Greg I love my ace250 it`s my 4th detector and so far the onel I like the best.I had a minelab advantage I liked almost as much ,a BH quick draw II that wasn`t near as bad as I expected from all the negative stuff I`ve read about them,and a Tesoro Eldorado the Ace is the easiest one to operate and learn ,the advantage is pretty easy too as well as the BH I didn`t like the manual ground balance on the tesoro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread