Found some yesterday

CreekSide

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2023
Nothing great but it was a nice breeze and no real hot so I walked a creek. The quartz lance was different. Shame it’s missing the tip but I was happy to see it after finding nothing but one flake of chert. The pottery is interesting. Piece on the right I believe is old made from fiberish material with clay mixed in and no print. Small rim section on top with the design is different from what I usually find and last is a pot bottom which shows the leg that is molded into the pot. Most pot legs I find are attached separately with slip.
Last picture shows a big fat otter which I thought was a log. Lucky for me he had just got done eating and was taking a nap. They can be quite vicious if they are in a bad mood. Not sure on the lance type unless it’s a Spike?
NW Georgia

Attachments

• IMG_0843.jpeg
    IMG_0843.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0842.jpeg
    IMG_0842.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0841.jpeg
    IMG_0841.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0844.jpeg
    IMG_0844.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 38
Upvote 9

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Nothing great but it was a nice breeze and no real hot so I walked a creek. The quartz lance was different. Shame it’s missing the tip but I was happy to see it after finding nothing but one flake of chert. The pottery is interesting. Piece on the right I believe is old made from fiberish material with clay mixed in and no print. Small rim section on top with the design is different from what I usually find and last is a pot bottom which shows the leg that is molded into the pot. Most pot legs I find are attached separately with slip.
Last picture shows a big fat otter which I thought was a log. Lucky for me he had just got done eating and was taking a nap. They can be quite vicious if they are in a bad mood. Not sure on the lance type unless it’s a Spike?
NW Georgia
Nice finds. Looks like a pleasant place to walk.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’d call it a good day, there’s a pair of otters that moved into a pond just up the road. I always figured they’d run away like everything else.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2023
I’d call it a good day, there’s a pair of otters that moved into a pond just up the road. I always figured they’d run away like everything else.
Not always that one actually woke up when I took the picture. I wanted to get the chewed sticks in the water. Good thing I looked to the left lol. Thought it was a log, thanks

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2023
Nice finds. Looks like a pleasant place to walk.
It can usually be quiet. I had to cut the walk off early cause I almost walked into something else out there. No houses and usually no people. Usually

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread