Found the cabin of browns park lost loot 28k double eagles

Rutnbuck

Jun 26, 2005
No. Utah
Detector(s) used
whites xlt, Goldbug2,
Hi I am new to this site. This is my first post. And the first time I have visited this site. I am looking for some help and Ideas to help me find and keep this loot. Short story goes bandits hold up and take payroll, chased by posse, in snow storm. Forced to hole up for the duration of winter and the posse on their tails had to retreat. They built a cabin located in N utah.
Come spring they wanted go to town well the gold was buried near the cabin. 2 went to Green River Wyo and one went to Sisters in Co. Well the 2 that went to green river were made and killed the one that went to his sisters got caught and spent 40 yrs in prison. After prison an old man he went back to find the stash. Well now an old man he could never find the cabin. He told many of it and where the gold was from the cabin. The cabin has never been found till now. I found what i think is it last fall. Even the Browns swear there is no cabin on the Mt. After running cattle and a ranch there for years. Well I will tell ya what there is a cabin and I found it. I could sure use some help and any grubstakers are welcome. Any info on this story would b helpful. And what if it is on State land who gets the gold if i find it.
[email protected]
kelly

Colorado Bob

May 6, 2005
Rutnbuck,
Who the hell cares what land its on? If I find it, I keep it. Unless of course someone is looking for fame, without the fortune. It's easy to accomplish that, just broadcast your find to the Sheriffs office, the local news paper, the TV station, and by all means the web., and you will have plenty of fame but no fortune. Me, I don't want, nor do I need fame, but fortune.........OH YEA...........

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Ive been there and I'm going back soon. Ive seen several shelters or cabins in the area. Good luck!! Did you find the cave?
Dano

OP
OP
Rutnbuck

Rutnbuck

Jun 26, 2005
No. Utah
Detector(s) used
whites xlt, Goldbug2,
funny you should mention a cave. I did find a cave. Turns out it is an indian dewelling. There are a lot of artifacts. I had to leave in short order so i have not had a chance to check it out!!!! The thing about this cabin remains. Where it is at. It is located so no one would find it and where no one in there right mind would build a cabin. I am learning really quick sss

OP
OP
Rutnbuck

Rutnbuck

Jun 26, 2005
No. Utah
Detector(s) used
whites xlt, Goldbug2,
Hey Dano What do u know about this are u looking for the cabin?
Rut

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
? ? ? ? ?Post a map and GPS location I'll be more then happy to help!!!!!! LOL!!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? kenb

OP
OP
Rutnbuck

Rutnbuck

Jun 26, 2005
No. Utah
Detector(s) used
whites xlt, Goldbug2,
No I don't think dano has found this cabin. and If he did then he can tell us about it insied of me. I am going up this weekend!!! OH yeah And I will post Gps cords.
Rut

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I haven't been there for 20 yrs. I did find a lot of old cans and bottels, but I wasn't treasure hunting back then. Probably at least 6 or 7 sites near there have stories of loot.

soulofawolf

Jan 25, 2005
K.Falls, Oregon
Hi Rut,

recently there was a story in the news about a guy who found a cache of gold bars with US Cavalry stamped on em, he did the "right thing" and told the authorities. the cache is on BLM land and the goverment wants to know where the site is, he wants reward $$. they won't say if they will till he gives them the location and he won't tell without guarantees, so guess its a mexican standoff.

if me, i'd prob go in, dig it up & keep my mouth shut. why does the gov't have to get involved?? they lost it, couldn't find it & left it out there, gave up on it. if a sea diver can find a wreck and keep what he finds, then why can't we???

good luck to you,

Wolf

OP
OP
Rutnbuck

Rutnbuck

Jun 26, 2005
No. Utah
Detector(s) used
whites xlt, Goldbug2,
Ok we have all but comfirmed that this is the cabin. just bye the reminets left behind. I promise no bottles or cans these guys only ate meat and even a horse. with no where to run or place to get supplies for 5 months during the winter. So I reckon.
I met a guy that has found some foreign treasures not necessarly gold but of value. And they use a machine that has a computer screen then u set up receivers 100 yards apart then walk between the receivers with a transmiter and it is suppose to record all the info between all receivers and leaves a imiage on the computer screen of where the glod is. I guess you program the frequincy of gold in it...Aperently there is only 1 machine of this type in the world. my question has anyone heard of such machine?? Well what ever it is they spent a lot of money getting it here and a guy to run it. We are headed up this weekend. wish me luck and where is my gurbstaker. As far as the other cabins in the valleys below they are not even on the right mountain. However one of Butch Casidy's cabin is there but it is along the river. and on all the maps. My cabin i claim it is my new home. For what ever it is worth i am going to search the base of every tree between here and Canada. The sadness I don't even own a metle detector. who wants to donate a m detector?? Should I take the treasure hunting guru with me??
Rut

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you Don't Own a Metal Detector, You Should Definately Buy one,

Or Find someone who Does own one.

W H O Y O U T R U S T !

IF YOU FIND IT,
DON"T TELL ANYONE !
Just use some of it to Purchase a Top of the Line Detector, and start looking for another one.

You can NEVER have enough Treasure.

GOOD LUCK !
J E F F

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
Rutnbuck,-----------So you know were the cabin is! GREAT! That's what you want to keep secret, and keep it so. If you take anyone to the location becouse they say they have a machine that they can find it, your being foolish. What you would have done is give away the location of the cabin. By doing that they won't need you any more. and they will be on there own. And one time in future when you return to site you may find an open hole. That has happened before to the foolish. Get a locator and go for it yourself. That way you can sleep easy at night.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely keep this to yourself.Trust absolutely no one.Just be sure to post a picture or two when your done ;) .You should be kind of cautious with that also,maybe just give us a tease if you know what I mean. ;D

Badger Bart

Mar 24, 2005
Correct me if I'm wrong here.... Assuming the 28k means $28,000 face value in double Eagles, that calculates to 1400 coins. 12 troy ounces to the lb. bring the weight to 116 lbs., each piece weighing 1 ounce. 1400 pieces at an average of $450.00 each, comes to $630,000.00. I would be happy to loan you my detector and a grubstake. I can Fedex it out to you tomorrow. Let's talk turkey, email me at [email protected] . Bart

OP
OP
Rutnbuck

Rutnbuck

Jun 26, 2005
No. Utah
Detector(s) used
whites xlt, Goldbug2,
Mum is the word for now my friends, However I will tell ya. This past weekend we found the corral where they kept there horses. And a spring that is dry now but back then they had it fenced off. Oh and the remains are not much. It has been a long time. Everything fits the stories. I will be e-mailing you bart and let ya know the latest and greatest. Spent the night up there this past weekend and it was so nice and quiet one could hear the pine beattles boaring.
Stay tuned i think for those who care. A hint would do justice.

OP
OP
Rutnbuck

Rutnbuck

Jun 26, 2005
No. Utah
Detector(s) used
whites xlt, Goldbug2,
Oh Bill and I. are the only one to venture this site. How we found it well Bill and I were elk hunting. I knew of the story of the cabin and had never looked for it except in general because i spend a lot of time in this area. And I had never talked of the cabin. Until one day Bill came back from a morning hunt and asked me " Guess what I found? " Me thinking he was in the right area my reply was " What a Cabin" Bill said well how the heck did you know that? I guess i didn't have to tell Bill about the gold but What the Hey my friends are worth more then the gold. I am not a greedy person.
WE never took the guru. I think we will keep this under a rock for a spell. At least till we give it our all but I wouldn't want to take a secret to my grave. So stay tuned.
And years back I found a KLONDIKE miners underground hide out located in the YUKON Teritory. Canada. . No gold but all the tools, pack saddles, and Snow shoes made of Sinew!! kewl eh!! OH and I couldn't bring the artifacts back from Canada.
Oh Bart you forgot to add antiquities value. try $$ 1.4 m
Rut

OP
OP
Rutnbuck

Rutnbuck

Jun 26, 2005
No. Utah
Detector(s) used
whites xlt, Goldbug2,
Sorry I keep forgeting to respond to your post. Might I say thanks and keep it comming. Yes pictures are in order. If that retarded Bill hadn't forgot his digital camra. But he did bring the food, camping gear, cook, drive his truck, change his flat tire, And pack the shovel and a barrowed MD. One thing about Bill he is like a woman. He likes to cook tell me everything I need to do and when to do it. Hell ya ask him what time it is and he tells ya how to build a clock. But I hate it when he asked to barrow my tenis shoes cause he forgot his hiking boot. Now I reckon I have athiletes foot. Who the heck would go hiking with only Flip Flop thongs. Thanks Floyd for the md. I will get it back this week.
Rutnbuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread