Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today was my third day hunting in a row... the first two attempts at hunting were anything but successful but I finally got on to it today. I was hunting at two homesites dating from 1830s-ish to the early 1900s

IMG_3769.jpg IMG_3766.jpg
All the days finds... I don't think the two crotal bells are terribly old but it's still fun to see em come out of the ground.

IMG_3768.jpg
Any ideas on how old the Bell System tags are? I think they are from the Bell System telephone companies but I would be happy to be corrected. The folded thing is another tag, an exact match to the round one except it is an octagon.

IMG_3767.jpg
Here's the goodies... this is the most Indians I've found in a day! The dates are 1864 (no L, not a fatty), 1881, 1895, and 1896.

IMG_3765.JPG
What a mucky mess! I had to lick the coins to see what they were haha. Happy hunting yall! I look forward to seeing everybody's year's end posts!

Last edited:
Upvote 28

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well maybe not the whole tribe, but at least a very large hunting party! :laughing7:
Four IHCs is an awesome total for one hunt and all from the 1800s. You outdid my record by 1. :thumbsup:
Nick

OP
OP
Noah_D

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well maybe not the whole tribe, but at least a very large hunting party! :laughing7:
Four IHCs is an awesome total for one hunt and all from the 1800s. You outdid my record by 1. :thumbsup:
Nick
Ok, ok... I'll still take a hunting party! :laughing7:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a lot of Indians for one hunt, and they look to be in nice shape. Congrats.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love those IHP's, great finds, Congrats!!! "D"

OP
OP
Noah_D

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a lot of Indians for one hunt, and they look to be in nice shape. Congrats.
Thanks! None of them are super corroded or anything but the 1864 was next to a nail so it's rusty and crusty on the back, I'll still take it though!

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt indeed. Still looking for my first crotal bell. My buddy dug one today at a new spot he found. The first and only time I found IHPS was 4 in a spill. What a great day that was. Keep it up.

OP
OP
Noah_D

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt indeed. Still looking for my first crotal bell. My buddy dug one today at a new spot he found. The first and only time I found IHPS was 4 in a spill. What a great day that was. Keep it up.
Nice! Last year I dug one single crotal bell but this year I've got like seven I think... about half of them are these Iron topped ones but I think the rest are older.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky you. I believe the iron top ones were sleigh bells attached to leather but dont quote me on that.

TheHbeast

Jun 21, 2016
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you know anything about that bell you found? I found an identical one a while ago and would love to know more about it!

OP
OP
Noah_D

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you know anything about that bell you found? I found an identical one a while ago and would love to know more about it!
I don't really know much about it but I think it is newer (my guess is 1890s to 1930s, that's the date range on the other artifacts I usually find with these bells but I could be wrong on that). I would like to learn more as well, perhaps someone more knowledgeable will chime in!

villival

Mar 18, 2013
Southern Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (Ophelia), Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Noah, sometimes I lick my finds too! I only do it in a pinch, but when my boyfriend saw me once, he couldn't believe it.

It's probably why I have such a strong immune system. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread