Found This 32 lb quartz Rock With 22k Gold On it Clear As Day also Has a 2 Inch wide Vein Going Around The Rock i Found in the yard at our house

Jun 8, 2023
Detector(s) used
my eyes and water and wire brush
tshirt2.jpg

Upvote 14
Jan 15, 2022
I have to say, I have a solid bit of experience with hard rock gold mining and quartz. For sure, the rock to the right in the dual photo is pyrite. Though, the photos are mostly off focus, but pyrite does not form in rounded clusters like that... it's brittle and crystalline and layered like the rock on the right. If that scratches, passes the acid test, is relatively easy to dent with a sharp tool... Comes from a known gold producing area....You are on the money.... Do not reveal the location to anyone. Get it tested and authenticated. If it's good, it's a national news kind of find.

And, just because it's pyrite does not mean that there is not gold. The quartz is right, the iron inclusions looks good, and pyrite can run as part of gold concentrate. A recent study found pyrite can even contain micro crystalline gold in super fine concentrations.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Skateboard rider
Jun 8, 2023
Detector(s) used
my eyes and water and wire brush
Welcome to Treasurenet !! Exciting find that's for sure
Thank you Its a pleasure And I Admirer Everyone On Here For Their True Determination And Unwillingness To Give Up With All The Doubt Sourrounding Us Especially my Own
After 33 Years Searching for Gold I Finally Scored
" Dig And Find Because Treasure's Always Mined"!

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply , very simply, get some of assessed by a trusted gold buyer/prosessor/jeweler

Nothing makes a made feel dumber than thinking (or in your case knowing) that u have gold, but you actually do not.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
if your wondering why i found these rocks on our properties i will show you my girlfriends rock garden in the front of our house the really good thing is i found 2 rocks not one and i know pretty much where she collects her rocks from montana and again she found 2 not one in a trillion but 2 im thinking there is more

Wow! Sure looks like gold to me.

Just to be sure I've got it straight...your girlfriend found these (and other) rocks in Montana, and then brought them back to where you live and dumped them in a rock garden in front of your house?

Did she have any idea what she'd found (before hauling them back to where you live), or did she just think they would look nice in her rock garden? :icon_scratch:

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
It sounds like you are well focused. I hope that determination nets you more gold. Best wishes. 🍀

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
we need to know what happens next

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The OP hasn't been on the site since last Thurs. Wonder if we'll see them again. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread