Found this beautiful treasure and i was curious to a possible date or value. It was around 5 to 7 inches in the woods in roots and rocks. Thanks.

nathan reale

Greenie
Jan 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fresh from the woods about 6in down in roots. Sounded like a piece of wire or can slaw. Equinox 800 15in coil. Before and after photos. In the ground I thought it was a gold snake. Crazy wierd find. Completely unexpected. Obviously lmao. Probably was a bracelet at one time. But someone liked it as a snake instead. No signs of where it could have been connected anyways. Dig all those targets!!! It weighs 1 ounce of sterling and feels like a dead snake in your hand. Completely beautiful 😍 not to mention ot scared the shit out of me digging around looking for it and a green eyed snake pops out. I made a video during the dig after I found the head and shit myself lol.
20230601_121715.jpg

Attachments

• 20230601_152606.jpg
    20230601_152606.jpg
    884.5 KB · Views: 194
  • 20230602_111539.jpg
    20230602_111539.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 195
Upvote 50

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is way cool. Looks like it could slither and chomp your fingers. I had a scare like that once digging a spider broach. I DONT LIKE SPIDERS! Crazy how the flight or fight response gets you in those moments. Congratulations on that awesome find.

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fresh from the woods about 6in down in roots. Sounded like a piece of wire or can slaw. Equinox 800 15in coil. Before and after photos. In the ground I thought it was a gold snake. Crazy wierd find. Completely unexpected. Obviously lmao. Probably was a bracelet at one time. But someone liked it as a snake instead. No signs of where it could have been connected anyways. Dig all those targets!!! It weighs 1 ounce of sterling and feels like a dead snake in your hand. Completely beautiful 😍 not to mention ot scared the shit out of me digging around looking for it and a green eyed snake pops out. I made a video during the dig after I found the head and shit myself lol.
View attachment 2087729
Thats awesome! Congrats

OP
OP
nathan reale

nathan reale

Greenie
Jan 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
nathan reale

nathan reale

Greenie
Jan 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is way cool. Looks like it could slither and chomp your fingers. I had a scare like that once digging a spider broach. I DONT LIKE SPIDERS! Crazy how the flight or fight response gets you in those moments. Congratulations on that awesome find
That is cool....I remember someone in my family having one like that....grandma, maybe an aunt !! Super neat find congrats 👏
Thank you. It's still in almost new condition. Can't wait to take it to a jewler to learn more about it.

OP
OP
nathan reale

nathan reale

Greenie
Jan 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 20230607_230700.jpg
    20230607_230700.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 54

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool You could probably get a jeweler to shape it back into a bracelet. Also I noticed it looks like the head unscrews possibly?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could have been at one point. Now it's definitely a snake. No indication on how it might have been connected, which is wierd.
It did not connect... It wraps.
Like this.
Also...
Do a search "Vintage snake bracelet".
Also.. might want to do a test as well... these have been made out of all types of metals.
I will bet you will find the exact match.
6675011_master.jpg

Do a search "Vintage snake bracelet".
Also.. might want to do a test as well... these have been made out of all types of metals.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread