Found today in Eastern Washington. Still in disbelief. Didn't think there was anything this old here.

BABALONGOGGLES

Jan 10, 2020
Eastern WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20220625_173902_HDR.jpg
20220625_173915_HDR.jpg

Upvote 61
OP
OP
B

BABALONGOGGLES

Jan 10, 2020
Eastern WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to imagine someone involved in the fur trade dropped it. City it was found in wasn't founded until 1878 I believe. Apparently this is a coin from the British Guiana Colony in South America. In 1813 this One Stiver was minted while the colony was part of a conflict between the Netherlands, Britain, and France. In 1813, the One Stiver and the Half Stiver were minted to basically taunt the Netherlands by stamping King George III's face on it while still using the Netherlands currency. At least, that's what I've been able to gather so far.

Still can't believe I found this. Oldest coin previously was a 1902 Barber dime.

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have to imagine someone involved in the fur trade dropped it. City it was found in wasn't founded until 1878 I believe. Apparently this is a coin from the British Guiana Colony in South America. In 1813 this One Stiver was minted while the colony was part of a conflict between the Netherlands, Britain, and France. In 1813, the One Stiver and the Half Stiver were minted to basically taunt the Netherlands by stamping King George III's face on it while still using the Netherlands currency. At least, that's what I've been able to gather so far.

Still can't believe I found this. Oldest coin previously was a 1902 Barber dime.
Thats awesome I got an 1851 large cent earlier this year in a town founded in 1882 go figure never know what you are gonnaget

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is a cool find...I was just over on your side of the mountains having a hotdog and beer in Leavenworth! That's a big coin and in great condition!

Last edited:

RussM

Oct 2, 2019
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
XP ORX

Garrett Carrot

XP MI6 Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very very nice recovery!! Big Congrats on saving another bit of history from becoming dust!

What a cool coin, and in such great shape!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread