Found today in Eastern Washington. Still in disbelief. Didn't think there was anything this old here.

BABALONGOGGLES

Jan 10, 2020
Eastern WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20220625_173902_HDR.jpg
20220625_173915_HDR.jpg

Upvote 61

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what does "no ia on the name" mean? Or is there a typo I cant figure out?

Whatpart of WA are you in? I lived in Seattle for 26 years
You named him as John Jacob Astoria,correct spelling is John Jacob Astor. No ia in his last name. Astoria as a city is correct. My avatar has my home city and state. You don,t need to have lived in Washington to know the correct spelling of Astor the man. I trapped for many years,sold lots of fur in that time.Astor is a big time guy in the history of the fur trade,thus my knowing the correct spelling of his name.No insult meant,I thought you,d like to know.

philber

Apr 11, 2016
Loveland Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You named him as John Jacob Astoria,correct spelling is John Jacob Astor. No ia in his last name. Astoria as a city is correct. My avatar has my home city and state. You don,t need to have lived in Washington to know the correct spelling of Astor the man. I trapped for many years,sold lots of fur in that time.Astor is a big time guy in the history of the fur trade,thus my knowing the correct spelling of his name.No insult meant,I thought you,d like to know.
Sheesh. I knew. It was a simple typo. Did ya think I read the entire book and not pick up on his actual name?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread