Found today on the west coast. I see some number but they are not clear. Any thoughts on the age or item?

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
B917772F-EE49-44A9-892E-C8C47F94F2E8.jpeg

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you did not include any information on how big or small it is.....it's hard to help if we do not have the important information as that. ........but it could be a broken watch winder, a broken off end handle of a utensil, or something much larger

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kona Koma

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you did not include any information on how big or small it is.....it's hard to help if we do not have the important information as that. ........but it could be a broken watch winder, a broken off end handle of a utensil, or something much larger
Sorry, 1 3/4” long by 3/4” wide. Yes, the button portion is broken.

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look on HOBBY LOBBY site for needle threaders . I think you may find this item. Exact dimensions too.
That was my thought also a needle threader but my question would be is it very thin metal because most needle threaders were stamped tin or aluminum and were very thin.

Upvote 0

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like the top of a spoon or fork. If you google image search 'vintage medallion pattern flatware' you'll see a bunch. Probably every manufacturer offered their take on that pattern. Some had Roman soldiers, some had a woman's head

Upvote 2

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like the top of a spoon or fork. If you google image search 'vintage medallion pattern flatware' you'll see a bunch. Probably every manufacturer offered their take on that pattern. Some had Roman soldiers, some had a woman's head
I can see that possibility. Also what looks like plating flaking off would not be likely on the needle theaders. I think.

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread