Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess you never worked on a construction company digging ditches.
A 10' x 10' - 5' deep hole is less than a half days work with a shovel.
To be fair I would pay to see that in my ground. 4 inches of top soil followed by VERY hard clay and rock. The NYSEG guy that was trying to dig up a leaking gas line nearly cried of joy when I brought my tractor and rock picks over to help him dug a 3x4x4 hole.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first saw the title of this thread, "Found Treasure NEED HELP", I assumed we were all going to relive the experience of digging up a treasure. FOUND means something was recovered!
Not the case here, so guess we will all have to wait for the pics and the story which will follow soon... or not!

jambone

Jan 26, 2013
Skunkington Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One day, while wandering around the woods near my home, I stumbled across a mysterious-looking treasure map. I quickly snatched it up and ran home to examine it more closely.

The map was old and worn, with faded ink and yellowed paper. But it was still very much readable. There were symbols and directions all over the map, leading to what seemed to be a hidden treasure. I was ecstatic. I knew I had to find this treasure, whatever it was. I spent days pouring over the map, trying to decipher its secrets. Finally, I figured out where the treasure was located.

The next day, I set out on my journey. I was full of excitement and anticipation. After a long and arduous journey, I finally arrived at the spot indicated by the map. There, buried in the ground, was a chest full of gold coins, jewelry, and other valuable items. I had found the treasure! I quickly filled my pockets with the items and ran home with my newfound wealth. From that day forward, I was never the same. I had found the treasure I was looking for, and it changed my life forever.

The above (fictional) story was generated by OpenAI and lightly edited by me.

I would love for the OP's story to be true. Until treasure is actually found, I'm a skeptic. Good luck and happy hunting.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One may have sold for 400K but if you put fifty on the market the price will fall dramatically. I'm with the others, just dig 10x10x5' yourself. In general nobody buries anything they wish to retrieve in the future more than two-two and a half feet deep.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel like I need to add something to this thread, and since no one has referenced Oak Island yet, I will: Ryanc, there are these guys who have been digging on an Island off of Nova Scotia for the past 10 (?) years looking for a treasure (see TV series "Oak Island"). They even offer help to other treasure hunters around the world (see TV series "Beyond Oak Island")
Have you tried contacting them? Their names are Marty and Rick Lagina.
I suspect they would love to have the opportunity to help you.

Good luck!

- Brian

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK then, where are all the buried "Platinum bars"? (Did I spell that right?)

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guess you never worked on a construction company digging ditches.
A 10' x 10' - 5' deep hole is less than a half days work with a shovel.
Depends. My guess is there is hardly a rock or tree where you have dug. Roots, and rocks, can flat humble a person with only a shovel, especially out in mountain country, where it's all river or glacial cobble below one foot. It would take weeks to dig that size hole with a shovel where I have lived in Idaho and Washington. Those boulders 3 to 5 feet around, will leave you scratching your head.

That said, the OP should dig as long as it takes. Except of course, others have done the leg work and shown the truth to the story.

jambone

Jan 26, 2013
Skunkington Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends. My guess is there is hardly a rock or tree where you have dug. Roots, and rocks, can flat humble a person with only a shovel, especially out in mountain country, where it's all river or glacial cobble below one foot. It would take weeks to dig that size hole with a shovel where I have lived in Idaho and Washington. Those boulders 3 to 5 feet around, will leave you scratching your head.

That said, the OP should dig as long as it takes. Except of course, others have done the leg work and shown the truth to the story.

What are the odds that someone dug down 5' in that location to bury the stuff in the first place?

Hank Chinaski

Apr 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. I guess buttons and horse shoes are All most of us are into collecting . Thanks for the opportunity. It was worth a shot.
Dude, why don't you just go buy some equipment. You can great new stuff for a few grand and you can keep 100% of the treasure. If there really are 60 coins worth 400k each, then that's 24 million dollars. Seems pretty scammy to make a post like this. No one legit is goin to make a post like this. It's like saying, "Hey there fellow treasure hunters! Would you like a free 12 million dollars? I don't have the most basic treasure hunting equipment that I can buy anywhere, and because of that I am going to give away half of a 24 million dollar treasure find to the lucky person who has a metal detector!"

jcc

Nov 15, 2018
Portage, MI
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TR550-D
Primary Interest:
Other
The proposed location for the treasure is on the grounds of a cemetery.

Law enforcement takes exception to desecration of graves. I suspect something in Oregon ORS (Oregon Revised Statutes) 97.? would apply...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WHICH... one could safely assume that ... IF... the same sort of soil comp is in this case... would simply and logically say...

Its not buried there.

heh

IOW's... IF... soil is not very conducive for easy digging...

Said treasure is either...

A. Very shallow and not a problem to dig up.
B. Not buried in such "problem soil"... IE:.... not there.

AKSasquatch

Jul 17, 2021
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone think these posts could be law enforcement/regulators/government lobbyists, etc trolling to feel out ethics of the community? Lots of excellent responses regarding legality/permissions.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WHICH... one could safely assume that ... IF... the same sort of soil comp is in this case... would simply and logically say...

Its not buried there.

heh

IOW's... IF... soil is not very conducive for easy digging...

Said treasure is either...

A. Very shallow and not a problem to dig up.
B. Not buried in such "problem soil"... IE:.... not there.
You make a good point. Didn't consider that conclusion.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone think these posts could be law enforcement/regulators/government lobbyists, etc trolling to feel out ethics of the community? Lots of excellent responses regarding legality/permissions.

Short answer? No.

But I agree there's lots of excellent responses throughout this thread.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paranoid much??

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doubt it.

There’s a few other websites I’m sure they’re spending their resources on. Who would waste their time targeting grumpy old men that stomp around the woods muttering to themselves and digging small holes while swinging a glorified weed whacker? 🤣

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread