Fraudulent 100 Troy oz Gold Bar?

Coindetector1

Jan 2, 2017
San Antonio
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter/ Whites Dfx E series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bar is Non magnetic. The only thing I see that doesn’t match is the weight & the fact that is does not read “Suisse Credit”. Also can not find one that looks similar online. Although I am by far no expert. Any helpful info would be appreciated! Thank you. 4234C326-363C-4F6B-B8F1-69C8A43D120E.jpeg 2CD12CBB-52C1-43A0-954F-FBC27D42E9D0.jpeg 6FBCF219-D252-4584-ADAE-EC0E901B9241.jpeg

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like someones project...there is nothing about that that would ever make me think that was actually gold.

I quit buying most Silver rounds and bars due to the fact China is pumping them out on Ali-Express and making them look extremely close to being real.

Upvote 0

Yak1366

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2017
Ringgold, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett ATPro, ProPointer AT, Retriever II
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember this, ... oh, maybe it's my failing mind ?

I remember this in a chat. It went round and round ... someone calculated the value in gold ... people chuckled ... the one suggestion that started to make sense was that it was a prop for a play or movie.

I can't find it on the internet. It's possible it was on a site that closed down.
Maybe someone can find it ?
Coindetector1, do you know where it was I'm thinking of ?

I agree, a very similar bar was posted within the last year. It's on TNet somewhere.

Upvote 0

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's lost weight since the last time you posted it. Atkins diet?

Looks like it was posted from his other account a couple months ago.

Like I said before, it looks like a a joke or something someone made because they were bored, anyone with sense could tell nothing about this is legitimate.

Im sure its just a paper weight

Upvote 0

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real gold would never look like that, it never tarnishes.

Upvote 0

Plug N Play

Bronze Member
Aug 23, 2014
California
Detector(s) used
De Havilland Canada DHC-7-102 Dash 7 - Fugro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ATTN. MODS

"My bro doesn’t remember where or when he got it "

Sorry to question your honesty Coindetector1, but you know how these things can turn into scams.
You know, how someone claims to have an item when it's just a photoshopped copy.
And they have all these "convenient" reasons why they can't come up with another picture.
Too valuable to keep around ... It's at the appraisers ... It's currently being looked at by the curators ...

Anyway, we can straightened this all with another picture or two and get past the whole phoney excuse part that scammers like to pull.

suisse.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Coindetector1

Jan 2, 2017
San Antonio
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter/ Whites Dfx E series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will take another pic when I get home. I DO understand the confusion now that I have read the link provided. My brother has just told me he posted this on TNET and I was not aware of this. Is there any other specific info you’d like to know? This is not a scam. I have just recovered my account from over a year ago. Hopefully you guys understand.

Upvote 0

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't take it I'm hinting at you trying to scam anything, and I hope others here aren't either. I left you some of the ways I test stuff. Some one above suggested taking it to a jeweler. A better choice would be a pawn shop (from my experience) they deal with more tests and have more to lose. Most jewelers I've run across seem to want to charge, pawn shops don't. One other tool I've used for years is keep a gold item & a silver item that have been appraised. Now when you're dealing with a new buyer all you have to do is look up the spot price, do the math & let them make you an offer. Weeds out the crooks fast. I've got three pieces I've been using for years, and I've gotten offers from it ain't gold but I like it, I'll give you 50 cents to a little over its worth. Just another tool in the kit.

A lesson I got from an old jeweler years ago. When getting an appraisal have them make an annotation on it that they'll buy that item from you at the appraised price within 30 days. I guarantee you'll get a spot on appraisal! Otherwise you get an insurance appraisal (high) or the appraiser will call it high so you go oh wow! The OH WOW factor means you'll be bring more pieces in & you'll be telling all your friends about this wonderful appraiser = more appraisals = more profit.

I'd solder a finding on it & use it for a cool key fob. You can say "It's been tested!"
tongue3.gif
laughing7.gif
icon_thumright.gif
Have fun with it!!!!!!

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um ... I already said what it was.

:/

Errr or "IS" rather.

Upvote 0

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's got to be some kind of counter weight or ? I dont get why someone would go to all the trouble of making something that doesn't even look like gold.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread