Free map downloads

Mels05toy

Nov 1, 2012
Fredericktown
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-20 Quick Silver 10" Spider coil, and also a Garrett AT Pro, with NEL Storm
and also a AT Gold. MineLab Equinox 800
And my newest addition: 2 sided 400 KG underwater salvage recovery magne
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Diane

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mel, I read the entire thread and found that the user name for sanborn maps is Houston and the password is love...I used it today...Happy Hunting...Diane

mxdigger

Jun 30, 2013
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC 2B, Minelab Musketeer Xs pro, AT Pro, Garrett pro pointer, Xp Deus with pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Mel, I read the entire thread and found that the user name for sanborn maps is Houston and the password is love...I used it today...Happy Hunting...Diane
Do you have the link I just tried using one I found in a thread and tried Houston and love and it didn't work. Thanks

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Houston and Love are dead for me also.

As an FYI... many library systems offer Sanborn map downloads from their web sites. For example, being an Ohio resident, I can use my library card to access the online Sanborn map collection of Ohio towns from the OPLIN web site. Other state and local libraries may have the same capabilities but you'd have to check to be sure.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice link. Thanks for the tip. I see that they have a lot of other maps (London, Canada, etc.) that may be interesting to some people.

Nothing online in my area.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another dead end and useless link here as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mapman

Jun 10, 2006
Lakewood, Colorado
1. Library of Congress: Sanborn Checklist

This searchable database provides information on the Sanborn fire insurance maps housed in the collections of the Library of Congress Geography and Map Division in Washington, DC, as well as links to online images that have been scanned from the collection. Only a portion of the collection is digitized, but over 6000 sheets are online in the following states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, CT, DC, GA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MO, MS, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NV, OH, PA, TX, VA, VT, WY, as well as Canada and Mexico

Last edited:

bsibiski

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2015
Salem Co. NJ
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried the ID and PW posted on this site on Sanborn but they do not work, plus I see no place to register, I guess I'm SOL

metal guy

Greenie
Jul 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been trying to locate sanborn maps for my local area but have not been able to as of yet. I live along the Oregon coast seems like only larger cities are digitized

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do you get access to this site?
I am very interested in getting some of these maps.
If it is a paid site, how do you enroll?
Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread