Free Metal Detectors.

S

shreddah

I bet that got everyones attention. ;D :o ;D

so I just found out today from my Uncle that my Grandpa has two metal detectors. so we called him up today and he said we could have them cause he cant figure them out. haha. hes so funny. but anyways...of course I was trying to find out all sorts of stuff out about them. he didnt know what both of them were. he knew one of them was a sears/roebucks one... but I didnt think they had metal detectors that were sears brand so i googled it and sears sold a landstar and I think a bounty hunter. so im not sure if he just meant he got it at sears. does anyone know if roebucks might have actually made their own MD's? the other one he didnt know what kind it was. he said he bought it outta some magazine. (crossing fingers that its a white's) or some other decent brand.

so Im not too sure. I have a bounty hunter tracker 2 and I havent had too much luck with it lately. I dunno if my settings are off or what. it seems like it beeps and I dig and theres nothing there. I got my vibraprobe in the mail today too. :) the battery they sent with it was practically dead and I couldnt figure out why it was so dull of a vibration so i tried changing the battery and Voila!!! vibrations galore. of course my whole family had to make dirty jokes about the "vibraprobe" and how it says it on the belt clip. haha.

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
If it's a Bounty Hunter Landstar, you can find a manual at http://detecting.com. It's their site.

WDFF is correct. The Sears name doesn't mean they manufactured it. I have an old Sears Ranger shotgun that my granddad left me. It was bought in 1937. Browning made it though.

DM

OP
OP
S

shreddah

Will.Dig.For.Food said:
most retails stores never manufacture ANYTHING with their names on it much less make anything else. it is always easier to let someone else make your product and you endorse it. depending uon how old they are, warranty and all, you can open the case and check for a manufacturer. the printed board usually carries a maker. usually that board is specific to that machine. google it for some answers. that is of course if ya wanna go that far:)

ps. Free Metal Detectors did not get my attention. I meant to click on Cheap Metal Detectors, so, there. :P

GL and HH Dig Everything!!

Haha. thats why you clicked. dont pretend ;)

yeah thats kind of what I thought. I know that roebucks used to manufacture old stingrays. one of my many hobbies. and Ive restored a few of those, but i hadnt ever heard of them making metal detectors, but my grandpa insisted it was roebucks. and I asked if it said that on there but he didnt know. hes older so i didnt harass him too much about it. just said id come out there and pick them up. and Ill figure out their names then. so if I dont know the brand ill google of course ;) google is a godsend. haha.

OP
OP
S

shreddah

Digginman said:
If it's a Bounty Hunter Landstar, you can find a manual at http://detecting.com. It's their site.

WDFF is correct. The Sears name doesn't mean they manufactured it. I have an old Sears Ranger shotgun that my granddad left me. It was bought in 1937. Browning made it though.

DM

hmmm thanks for the info. I bert thats a cool shotgun ;) Ive never shot any guns before. city girl living in the country now. haha. and man is it weird. I dunno. I just cant wait to find out what they are....

OP
OP
S

shreddah

warsawdaddy said:
White's use to make a detector for Sears.

I hope it is. ;) Ive heard lots of good things about whites and my dad used to sell electronics to whites when I was younger (wish I would have known that then) but I got my whites catalog today and I was daydreaming. haha. the one I have now I think sucks or maybe im just a bad md'er haha.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
....S and Will Dig,

Sears did put their name on a detector
years and years ago. Very basic.

Had to go digging in the basement, but found it.

have a good un................

OP
OP
S

shreddah

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
S and Will Dig,

Sears did put their name on a detector
years and years ago. Very basic.

Had to go digging in the basement, but found it.

have a good un................

talk about ancient ;) have you ever used it? how did it work out for yah?

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
S,

was real bad for artifact hunting, which is
what I like to do; all it wanted to do was
find silver and gold rings, and gold coins ;)

It told you something could be down there.

The key words in the above are, "something" and
"could be". ;D

have a good un............

OP
OP
S

shreddah

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
S,

was real bad for artifact hunting, which is
what I like to do; all it wanted to do was
find silver and gold rings, and gold coins ;)

It told you something could be down there.

The key words in the above are, "something" and
"could be". ;D

have a good un............

I think thats how my bounty hunter tracker 2 that I have now is. something COULD be there... because anytime I dig a hole... then I tried my vibraprobe and nothing vibrated. haha. and I have dug through all the dirt and found nada thing. haha. and I just have it on basic settings. all metals. ect. I found a piece of tinfoil that was on the surface by a playground. haha woohooo.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shreddah,

I too have a Sears MD. The one Sherman has is ancient, the one I have is old. ;D

No pic, but it says Sears Metal Detector G.E.B./TR-Discriminator Model # 321.59641 on the sides. The inside where the batteries are located states...Mfg by White's Electonics, Inc., Sweet Home, OR

I found many, many iron relics with it. Very heavy, wears you out.

I've since, upgraded to a lighter weight Ace 250.

;) RR

OP
OP
S

shreddah

River Rat said:
Shreddah,

I too have a Sears MD. The one Sherman has is ancient, the one I have is old. ;D

No pic, but it says Sears Metal Detector G.E.B./TR-Discriminator Model # 321.59641 on the sides. The inside where the batteries are located states...Mfg by White's Electonics, Inc., Sweet Home, OR

;) RR

seems like a lot of people are using the ace 250.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found my 3rd oldest coin with the ol 250 a 1900 barber dime at 3 inchs
its in the ace 250 reveiw hollowpointered posted

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
River Rat said:
Shreddah,

;) RR
RR,

why does Sherm, Sherman, and Shermanville get mentioned together
with ancient so often ??? >:( ;D ;D ;)

all have a good un..................

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Just so you know, that one in the pic is a White's with the Sears name attached. You can still find the manual for it on Whites website I believe.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Thats pretty cool. No one in my family would probably give anyone anything. Except maybe my Grandparents, but they have both been gone for a very long time.

I thought you were referring to the free detector and other give aways from some of the various treasure mags.

Postalrevnant

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, it seems like the ACE 250 is dominating the market, I'm considering buying one for a back-up detector in case something happens to the Cortes while in the field. I've heard very few bad remarks concerning the ACE.

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure of the ages of your "free" detectors but you may be dealing with a "BFO" Beat Frequency Oscillator. It is slightly different..........no wait.......much worse technology than your bounty hunter. ;D Great collectibles but not much in the way of detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread