FREE TO DETECT posted!

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
"Have you check the lost and found to look for owners? I called long distance and used my credit card to place an ad to one of the rings you posted last week."

I can't say what a nice person you are! I checked the paper and didn't see the ad what paper did you post it in?

If you get a call let me know! I have about 75 more rings if you would like you could post an ad for all of them!

Onion

Upvote 0
D

Darod

Hey Onion,

Chill out buddy. Your snapping a bit :) We're all friends here :)

Rod

F

fleur325

Smeagol in the Lord of the Rings is now called "Gollum".? a Golem is a man-type creature of Jewish myth, that can be created out of clay to act as a helpful servant.

onionhead said:
It's "Golem"

Onion

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
MELT em down in to bars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
The Hobbit came out in 1937, the Rings trilogy in the 50's, f2D. Waited a long time for those movies to be made too! The Hobbit is one GREAT TREASURE HUNTING story. Hey Onion, you could always sign up as a ring detective one some of the lost ring sites, but yep, never put an ad in the paper. You'll end up changing your phone number. Been there, done that!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
No, it's happened for less than a large sum of money to me. Had more than a couple callers who claimed they could describe the ring. Said it was round, gold and had a hole in the middle where their finger was and I better give it back or they'll call the police. Just hang up on them.

Young guy sees me detecting, said his aunt dropped a money clip full of cash could I find it. Go to the park playground, woodchips, no problem sez I, then another car pulls up. He was told by a friend about another guy's aunt who dropped the cash, others come by and melee ensues amid several claimants who are sure I've already found the money even though I just got there. Left and one day I hope to go back and find it and keep it.

But it's all good!

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
free, it's best to post just "ring found" call to desribe. That way if it's not the right ring, they have no way of figuring it out unless they're really lucky at guessing. The best thing about this is that you get new leads out of it at the same time. 8) 8)

OP
OP
OnionRings

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Free?

Loser? I would become a hero in their eye's! The problem I see is posters lying about making claims of good deeds.

Money isn't the object for me the hunt is the reward!

Grow Up!

Onion

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Who was lying Onion? I seem to remember you're taking great umbrage with the mere suggestion that you were embellishing your finds, now you would come out and call someone a liar? Throw down.

upier

Jan 6, 2005
seems everyone is takeing a stroll threw moma's jewlery box as of late laying to clame of new found treasure

but what i see is a need to calm down and rember this is just a poasting board and though some post lagit
and others add a bit of spice into the story.

but it's all good reading to me.

so im going to hand out free chill pills so everyone can relax /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ ---------------------------- smooth

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Hey, I've accidentally backed into a parking space before. Sure I was drunk and the beer goggles and... DOH!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
free2Dtect said:
The whole thing started with my wondering if it is good to post a pricey ring. Someone could maybe try to lay claim to it. Then the finder would end up the loser. It has happened for larger amounts of money.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?I'v had adds in the Paper Several times, Some of them listed upwards of 10 rings at a time. A typical Listing included this : Found, Sweet Arrow Lake, Mens 1973 Class ring, Initials H.G.R. , womens 1943 Class Ring initials H.M.M. school says "Harriet Miller" cannot locat Her. ETC. ETC. ETC. Call ###-###-####. of all the rings I posted 10% got responses & only one got 2 calls that wanted the same ring. I gave it to the first who said it was his uncles ring, & a few months later A woman called & said it was her Aunts Ring. the name was " Francis " it was a 1930's class ring. I gave the Caller the name of the person who claimed it first, She Thanked me & hung up. I'v even had others, after talking on the phone say "No Never mind, that's not my ring," after I described it better to them. & others call To ask If I'd look for theirs. ...... Personally, I never cared IF someone Got a Ring from me that didn't belong to them, Because I figure, If they like it that much, to lie, at least the'll enjoy it. It's not like Class Rings , Wedding Bands, Etc. Bring a great amount of Cash , unless you have a Few Ounces of them. ?JUST MY "TWISTED" ?Reasoning ?8)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually 5 EST most Mornings . alot depends on when I hit the Sheets the night before ;)

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
No way Jeff! If I was gonna give 'em away I'd trade 'em with locals for a shot at hunting their yards. I will on occasion wear some of the plain, unmarked ones into an area where people like to wear cheap gold. I'll put 5 or 6 on a couple chains and entertain offers when people approach and strike up interest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions