Frequency for wood

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assume that you are talking of wooden reeds in musical instruments and they can cover a multitude of frequencys. Electrically wood has no rection to metal detectors.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I assume that you are talking of wooden reeds in musical instruments and they can cover a multitude of frequencys. Electrically wood has no rection to metal detectors.
Yes. I was speaking acoustically/musically. I thought I misunderstood the question. As you said, wood doesn’t give a response to a detector.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes. I was speaking acoustically/musically. I thought I misunderstood the question. As you said, wood doesn’t give a response to a detector.
Though this under long range detectors.
So I bet if a person stood in a forest it would give a response.
They're pretty sophisticated things. 🤫

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understood the frequency that allows locating masses of various elements of the periodic table. For example gold 5000Hz.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understood the frequency that allows locating masses of various elements of the periodic table. For example gold 5000Hz.
I don’t know of any frequency. Wood/organic material is made of carbon so maybe you could put out a sample and start at the carbon frequency for your area and adjust to either side until you get it to lock-on. Around here, the earth’s magnetic field is about 54000 nano Tesla and carbon is 578 Hz. Somewhere there’s a thread on how to calculate frequency for platinum but you can use it for whatever element. I really don’t know how well this will work for organics. What type of wood are you searching for? I have some ideas for other ways besides a frequency generator.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t know of any frequency. Wood/organic material is made of carbon so maybe you could put out a sample and start at the carbon frequency for your area and adjust to either side until you get it to lock-on. Around here, the earth’s magnetic field is about 54000 nano Tesla and carbon is 578 Hz. Somewhere there’s a thread on how to calculate frequency for platinum but you can use it for whatever element. I really don’t know how well this will work for organics. What type of wood are you searching for? I have some ideas for other ways besides a frequency generator.
It would be easier if you could be more specific about what your are searching for and what type of location. Wood is everywhere and that could cause big problems. Best chance if there is some feature to distinguish it from other wood. That’s why I can’t help much without knowing more details about what the object is.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew that...

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I don’t understand why you don’t want to give any info. I can’t help you without knowing a little about what you are searching for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread