Fridays Boxes.....

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friday's Boxes.....

My husband & I went to our cabin this weekend so I wasn't able to post Friday.

I checked 4 boxes Friday afternoon & picked up another 3 boxes on the way out of town which we checked at the cabin. It was great because he came into the bank and carried them out....ha! I am still trying to catch up from the week I was out....still not caught up yet.

I did find an interesting coin.....a 1930 Panama Medio Balboa. It is silver although I am not sure of the silver content yet. I think it is a half dollar also. I have to do some research on it.

The boxes were good........the totals......

4-64's
5-65's
12-66's
36-67's
32-68's
16-69's
1-76-S Silver (kinda funny-I just mailed one of these to a member)
4-Franklin's-52, 58-D & 2x63-D
1-Walker-45

111 Keepers

On a side note......as we were walking into the bank about 15 feet from the door was a $100 bill on the ground. Nobody was around so I just kept it in my hand as we walked into the bank. About 2-3 minutes passed when an older woman came into the bank asking if anyone found a $100 bill. I kindly told her I did....walked over to her and placed it in her wrinkled hand. She was so happy & it made me feel good for her. I am glad she came in while we were still there otherwise I guess I would have left with it....

Attachments

• P7150038.jpg
    P7150038.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 738
  • P7150039.jpg
    P7150039.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 726
  • P7150040.jpg
    P7150040.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 720

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Re: Friday's Boxes.....

I found a Panama Medio Balboa last week. Course mine was new and clad........waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Lucky you LJ, imagine that...........

Riverdog

Jun 13, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID

Nice boxes! Good karma on that c-note. And the 1976 ;D

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

LJ,

Nicely done on that $100 bill.

Very nice finds on the boxes of halves , as usual, and your 1930 balboa medio (Panamanian 50 cent piece) is equal to our 50 cent piece (USA & Panama are on a permanent 1 for 1 exchange rate); but yours is also .900 silver; hence worth more for the metal content.

Kudos.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE

Hey LJ-
Cool Balboa!
Don't they use US planchets? Must be a 90%?

oldred

Jan 21, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber

Congratulations LJ on that many kepers out of those boxes - good ratio!
I'm so thankful it was a kind person like yourself that found that 100 bill and was able to give it to that old lady. Many people in today's world would never have given it to her. Hope your rewarded with many more silver half's due to your honesty and kindness!

kickstart

Mar 7, 2007
Ga.

Nice finds as always.That was nice of you to return that c-note.

Now I, would not have said anything and gone outside with the
old lady and rolled her. Hey! Theres probably more where that c-note came from............OK probably not.....but I would 've given it some
thought. ;D

Money Grabber

Greenie
Mar 4, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
quick draw II

WOW!!! It is folks like you who give me faith in our society. It is better to give than receive. May God bless you for your good deed!!!!

John

pepperpump

Feb 27, 2005
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT

LJ, you did a great thing and my hat goes off to ya! I am sure the lady was worried to death and you made her day! Good things come around to those that help others, just remember that!
Pepperpump ;) ;D

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lejeuene said:
My husband & I went to our cabin this weekend so I wasn't able to post Friday.

I checked 4 boxes Friday afternoon & picked up another 3 boxes on the way out of town which we checked at the cabin. It was great because he came into the bank and carried them out....ha! I am still trying to catch up from the week I was out....still not caught up yet.

I did find an interesting coin.....a 1930 Panama Medio Balboa. It is silver although I am not sure of the silver content yet. I think it is a half dollar also. I have to do some research on it.

The boxes were good........the totals......

4-64's
5-65's
12-66's
36-67's
32-68's
16-69's
1-76-S Silver (kinda funny-I just mailed one of these to a member)
4-Franklin's-52, 58-D & 2x63-D
1-Walker-45

111 Keepers

On a side note......as we were walking into the bank about 15 feet from the door was a $100 bill on the ground. Nobody was around so I just kept it in my hand as we walked into the bank. About 2-3 minutes passed when an older woman came into the bank asking if anyone found a $100 bill. I kindly told her I did....walked over to her and placed it in her wrinkled hand. She was so happy & it made me feel good for her. I am glad she came in while we were still there otherwise I guess I would have left with it....

Sorry for my stupidity...what's a box from the bank? Pls help because it sounds interesting.
Ang

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500

lejeuene said:

How do you know the older woman wasn't watching you through a glass window or door at the bank, then approached you for a nice $100 score!? :D

On a side note, was the $100 bill all crunched and wrinkled? All of the older women in my family have this disease: they can't put bills in their purse without scrunching them into little green paper balls. Then they "store" them in various places throughout their purse. :)

Kudos on your act of kindness, LJ.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab

:P What a nice way to spend a weekend at the cabin. Oh, that 100 bill, it'll come back to you 10 fold! :-*
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Desertfox

zartan7779

Dec 3, 2006
new hampshire
Detector(s) used
a cheap $75.00 ebay one

well good for you im sure that it was hard to return that 100 but remeber in the end it will pay off .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions