Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

fixxxer9

Jan 8, 2013
SLC, UT
Primary Interest:
Other
Any dime or quarter that is 1964 or earlier. With the Pennies there are allot of varieties to look for. I would list sine if them but I'm using my phone to post this. Google Lincoln cent varieties.

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
I recommend getting a current year coin book. I have one and consult it often. HH

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't go to coin star a lot of banks have these coin type machines now and they don't charge!!! Just call around

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have two jars of coins that is getting full,one of solely pennies and one of quarters,dimes,and nickels. I usually take them to Kroger to put in the Coinstar machine.If I were to get really bored one day,what types of coins should I look for that might be of value or is this too general of a question? Thanks.

Oh also if you cash in alot of clad invest in a rock tumbler from harbor freight online there like 30 or 40 bucks and you will never hand clean your clad again!! Lol! Just put a couple hand fills in and flip the switch it will be clean in an hour or so!!!!

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coily,

There is a mag.," Coin Prices", and it's published monthly, and has all the information you're looking for in a continually updated format.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dear coily,
If you find any morgan dollars send them to me asap.

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the replies guys.We have a coin book around here somewhere. I know real silver when I see it but just wondered what key dates to look for in pennies and dimes.Jeff ya goober! :laughing7:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey Jack! I'm no goober. where did you southern girls get that term anyways?
What would you do with a morgan? you don't wear shoes!

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My sister calls me a goober,its a term of endearment kinda sorta. I do so wear shoes! In all seriousness I love all those old silver coins,there's just something about them besides monetary value.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know, me too. I have like 4 morgans from the 1800's. I love thinking about all the people who held them and what they may have bought.
I know it's dumb, but I like to think it's romantic

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That era in general is romantic, a gentler time for sure.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't save Brass/ Copper cents it's generally a waste of time ; unless all you have is spare time . As always in MY OPINION......Davers

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I save all '82 & before Memorials, they're copper with a melt value of about .04 cents.

Why do members always report false information. Pre 82 cents are a little over 2 cent melt. Plus, you didn't mention wheatbacks.
HH
enamel7

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Why do members always report false information. Pre 82 cents are a little over 2 cent melt. Plus, you didn't mention wheatbacks.
HH
enamel7

Looked the price up, and you're right on that - currently @ .0243. Bad info first time around.

And, WHY would wheats even be considered? We all save them! Nostalgia if nothing else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread