watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Earlier this week I had a chance to get back to an older park that has produced numerous coins from the early to mid 1900’s during the past 7-years.

After two frustrating hours of finding nothing but clad and small trash, I began to loose interest in any future digging so I called it quits and started my walk back to the car. As I swept the coil of my NOX along the way to the car, only half-listening to it’s tones, I heard a deep, mid 20’s tone that sounded too promising NOT to dig. After recovering this target, my frustration turned into elation when I saw it was an 1887 Seated Dime.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_5752.jpeg
    IMG_5752.jpeg
    391.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_5751.jpeg
    IMG_5751.jpeg
    416 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 47

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happens all the time- Congrats for the awesome good fortune!

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Earlier this week I had a chance to get back to an older park that has produced numerous coins from the early to mid 1900’s during the past 7-years.

After two frustrating hours of finding nothing but clad and small trash, I began to loose interest in any future digging so I called it quits and started my walk back to the car. As I swept the coil of my NOX along the way to the car, only half-listening to it’s tones, I heard a deep, mid 20’s tone that sounded too promising NOT to dig. After recovering this target, my frustration turned into elation when I saw it was an 1887 Seated Dime.

Congratulations on your seated!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's to you on the Great Save of the seated dime. On the way back to the car too. I've often wondered if we could increase our finds and saves it we started our hunts sweeping the coil headed back to our cars or trucks. Lol Well Done.

OP
OP
watercolor

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the comments.
Finding something nice on the way back to the car always makes the drive home a lot easier and something you’ll remember. I guess I’d rather have it that way than the other way around.
I wish everyone the best for finding those Seated’s that are waiting for you to find.

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Keep going🐢

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tnet has coined this as OTWBTTC (just for future ref)
Congrats

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never dug out! congrats, I feel like my best finds recently have been OTWBTTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread